• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    This is unsettling. I live in a neighborhood that has a single road to the "outside world". I pass 2 schools when traversing that road.

*****Well, there's Amazon and Domino's Pizza delivers. No need to leave home anymore I guess.

fishgutzy

MDS Supporter
    Aug 25, 2022
    AA County
    I'm guessing that a connected teacher wants his home but he does not want to sell.
    Bankrupting him via litigation expenses is not a bad way to make him a willing seller.

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I'm guessing that a connected teacher want's his home but he does not want to sell.
    Bankrupting him via litigation expenses is not a bad way to make him a willing seller.
    But the real question is: would that sinister teacher still know when to use an apostrophe?

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    This guy had to know this was coming. I get that it's his private property and whatnot, but his balls are bigger than mine. Apparently he had been doing this for some time, he knew was irritating the people in the school right across the street, gotten the attention of the local police/sheriff etc. I think he was just doing it to irritate them, looks like it worked.. I hope he wins his case.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Show me the analog for an exclusion zone around any sensitive place. It can't be done! There are other cases already climbing the judicial ladder about exclusion zones the question is which gets to the Supremes first?

It looks like Gabriel Cowan Metcalf wants a landmark 2nd Amendment case named after him.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    If that is the one I saw over the weekend, the guy seems like a dipshit and purposely taunting the powers that be as opposed to just living his life. Accused of carrying off property, not just his yard.

Neighbors are already pissed off with him as his entire back yard has just about every square inch is filled with junk/cars.

I'm not on his bandwagon more because of his attitude and flaunting behavior. Of course, the guy does have fundamental 2A rights so maybe I should?? I don't know. He might be a few stages below Mr. Porter and has room to "grow" (get more annoying).

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    If that is the one I saw over the weekend, the guy seems like a dipshit and purposely taunting the powers that be as opposed to just living his life. Accused of carrying off property, not just his yard.

Neighbors are already pissed off with him as his entire back yard has just about every square inch is filled with junk/cars.

I'm not on his bandwagon more because of his attitude and flaunting behavior. Of course, the guy does have fundamental 2A rights so maybe I should?? I don't know. He might be a few stages below Mr. Porter and has room to "grow" (get more annoying).

I just watched that video, interesting that school was NOT in session according to the Gov complaint. Interesting to see how this one plays out.

TapRackBang

Cheaper Than Diamonds
    Jan 14, 2012
    Bel Air
    I'm not on his bandwagon more because of his attitude and flaunting behavior. Of course, the guy does have fundamental 2A rights so maybe I should??

“The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.”

― H.L. Mencken

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    “The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.”

― H.L. Mencken
    Yeah, that about sums it I reckon.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    It's a shame that schools were spoken of as prohibited areas in Heller; apparently Scalia had to put it in to get the fifth vote.

There's no analogue to this, and until fifty years ago, kids in rural areas had hunting rifles etc in lockers and in their vehicles, for use after school during hunting seasons.

Blair High School in MoCo had a rifle team, and a range in the basement of the building, when my daughter was a student there.

GFSZ is a horrid law, irrational in the extreme, one of the pinnacles of stupidity promulgated by the anti-gun zealots, and as we all know, it creates a virtual free-fire killing zone for the mentally deranged, virtually ensuring that there would be no opposition to their plans to slaughter innocents en masse.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Not in constitutional carry states.
    How? The GFSZ (Federal Law) hasn't been changed in years. There's no exception for Constitutional Carry states. The exception is the CCW issued by that state.
    Now maybe MT has stated in their ConCarry law that this is their carry permit. If they have then it's going to be an interesting case in Federal court.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    How? The GFSZ (Federal Law) hasn't been changed in years. There's no exception for Constitutional Carry states. The exception is the CCW issued by that state.
    Now maybe MT has stated in their ConCarry law that this is their carry permit. If they have then it's going to be an interesting case in Federal court.
    You are presumed to have a permit. Otherwise Constitutional carry would be worthless. Try to drive around without coming within 1000 feet of a school. CONSTITUTIONAL. I agree, the government can press this. It will indeed be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom