• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV

What’s weird is the ATF says they were only there to backup the IRS, who, in turn, only took 4473 paperwork (which identifies buyers). They did not take any relevant financial information which you think would be what they would be there for.

I have a suspicion why they may have done this, and perhaps I’m way off base.
    Since this is an online dealer they send items to other states. Maybe they don’t charge the sales tax when you order from them. IRS looks to see who purchased the items and waits to see if they report the sales tax on their income tax next year. They don’t report it, then the agency swoops in with the SWAT teams over tens of dollars of unpaid sales tax.

6-Pack

NRA Life Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Carroll Co.

What’s weird is the ATF says they were only there to backup the IRS, who, in turn, only took 4473 paperwork (which identifies buyers). They did not take any relevant financial information which you think would be what they would be there for.

I have a suspicion why they may have done this, and perhaps I’m way off base.
    Since this is an online dealer they send items to other states. Maybe they don’t charge the sales tax when you order from them. IRS looks to see who purchased the items and waits to see if they report the sales tax on their income tax next year. They don’t report it, then the agency swoops in with the SWAT teams over tens of dollars of unpaid sales tax.
    But sales tax is a state level tax, not federal. If you owe sales tax, you owe it to the state, not the feds.

My guess is that there may have been unreported income by the store owner and the 4473s are being used to confirm sales - those will be bumped up against his income to see if all the sales were reported. Just a guess though, I know the 4473s don’t have prices and I’m not in the gun business.

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    When I move to Montana, I'm going to stick to raising dental floss.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    If I were to make a wild guess, the ATF sent a bunch of Cartel members and other prohibited purchasers to buy "assault rifles" again.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Whatever the reason, you can rest assured that these brave federal agents are just following orders and doing their jobs - always looking out for the American people’s best interests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Whatever the reason, you can rest assured that these brave federal agents are just following orders and doing their jobs - always looking out for the American people’s best interests.

Following unlawful orders is a violation of their oath. It takes balls to stand up for what is right and just. Looks like most federal agents have been neutered!

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland

And when their bosses get called before a congressional committee they "can't talk about it".

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    This should be investigated for violations of the Privacy Act by the IRS.

Yeah, the transferees should definitely call the FB...oops, they're screwed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom