*****Moneybomb Day***** DATE = DAY O'Douche Signs his legislation (TBD)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    While I would personally put up a gun or accessory up to do a Moneybomb day style "raffle", who know when I will be able to replace it.

Whether this goes to ballot or to court, we will need money. That said, I am officially proposing we money bomb on the same day O'Douche signs this garbage.

Oh, I will also no longer say that guy's name. Much like Beck has banned using the guy in the white house's name, I refuse to say that guy in the state house's name. (you are free to join me in that only reference to that guy as O'Douche or other creative insults like O'Mao, but, I have a self imposed ban).

Creative money bomb ideas are welcome. Institution of a money bomb that guy jar is acceptable, but it will have to be on the honor system.

We as a community could raise a good war chest for a PAC, SAF, or MSI, or MD PETITONS to fight this garbage. Yes I know we all have things to purchase between now and the time this POS goes into affect, but this is the "life blood that will feed the liberty tree!"

Ok...who's in?

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    I'm in for a money bomb, but don't shoot your entire wad on signing day. We don't know yet the most appropriate place to send it.

Maybe do a little on signing day to MSI and SAF, and stand by to see what shakes out in the PAC arena.

At least that is what I am going to do.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Money bombs are about just a single show of solidarity kind of day. Plunking down 5, 10, 25, is just as important as 50, 100, or 1000.

The point is a lot of us are cash limited but what a great way to start off funding a PAC here or for MSI.

I don't care who the PAC is as long as it is for us and by us. I just want the message it sends to counter O'Douche!

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    I'm one of Ron Paul's people and we came up with the moneybomb. From going through many of these, there are some lessons learned:

A moneybomb is as much a PR weapon as it is a funding mechanism. It should be promoted beforehand in any way possible. In the time available, that would mean social media and calling into radio talk shows. If there are reporters on our side, getting something in print the next day is possible. Letters to the editor can also work, that mention it. As a rule of thumb, you want a theme for each one and you should start advertizing them a month in advance.

The first one is particularly important as it sets the momentum for all following ones. Don't hold back! Donate as much as you can! This is newsworthy and should be followed up with press releases.

People like to see their names when they donate. We always had peoples names (if they didn't opt out) scroll across the bottom of the donate page after the words "recent donors". We also always had a thermometer or something to see how close to our goal we were. It is very important that the goal be low-ball. Exceeding our goal is a political victory. Not reaching it will be represented as lacking in support and used against us.

Are there any Flash programmers in the house?

Things that increase donations are setting up mini-moneybombs throughout the day, though this can backfire, depending on the computer hardware, as it's possible to accidentally DDOS yourself with one. Another tactic is to do matches. I'll donate $100 if X number of people will match me or donate $25 each, etc.

Remember that gathering donor's information is as important as the money! DO NOT NEGLECT THIS!

We should check with a lawyer about campaign contribution limits. As it's against a whole bunch of people, I don't think there are any, but best not to get on the FEC's bad side.

All I can think of right now.

-t

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    How many delegates and senators voted for this bill? (+ ones that were vulnerable and given the OK to vote against it). A good goal might be $5-10,000 for each member and that has potential for mini-moneybombs throughout the day.

-t

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    My money is likely to go to SAF. I admire MSI, but they've been doing the completely failed legislative route for too long (I'm sorry guys, I know you do your best but it's just not possible in the political climate that is MD). My belief is that the only possible route is that of the jury box, as the other 3 boxes have failed us my money goes to filling the last two :(

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    I put out a call on my network for the source code for a donation thermometer. Got this positive reply back:

I've got some javascript that they can use for a donation meter (better than flash).

Have they figured out the payment system that they plan on using for collecting funds?

Basically the job will require connecting the meter to the chosen payment system.

I can help if you wanna put me in touch with whoever.

Computer ppl on here, get in touch/PM me. Time is short!

-t

rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    We should check with a lawyer about campaign contribution limits. As it's against a whole bunch of people, I don't think there are any, but best not to get on the FEC's bad side.

-t

State PAC have a limit. It has been a few years but I think it is something like 4 or 6 thousand dollars every 4 years.

Thanks
    Robert

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    Banner ads work!

They are easy to mock up and the coding is a couple of lines. Put up ways to download them on all friendly sites and instructions/code to embed them on visitors sites. Google ads, triggered by a search term, like "MD gun control" are really fast to set up, it's the landing web page that takes more time...

Social media:

Twitter:

Is complicated...

Twitter is basically divided into 4 networks, socially. You've got reporters, celebrities and politicians. And within each network, they all subscribe to each other in their sub-sector. If you can post something to @someones attention that gets them interested in you, they might subscribe to you. That means They may retweet something you posted in the future to a HUGE audience!

Then there is the forth category - all of us mundanes... Here, if you subscribe to someone, you will generally get subscribed to. If they find something you say interesting, they might RT it, so send your message to all of their subscribers. If you can find a egotist, post something with their name in it, and you are guaranteed a RT!

Look, subscribe to tons of ppl. But pick ppl with a lot of followers and with a lot of ppl they are following. This suggests that you will be picked up and that some of your tweets will be re-tweeted. Keep in mind, you only have 140 characters! You can link for further info...

#hashtags can be abused. There is a list of the trending ones. Add one to your message and it goes out to TONS of ppl. It's basically spam. A few will be offended. The majority - eh - next msg, a few RIGHT ON! - GLAD I FOUND YOU!!

That's twitter in a nutshell.

Facebook:

Well, if you use any social media you will be spied on, or even search engines! Look, facebook is the feds best friend!

There was a big push for Facebook to become the new Meetup. NOT! It was a disaster. Still, many supporters can be found on Facebook. Look up any MD groups, join and post - even if not 2A oriented.

Meetup:

There are tons of MD groups. Just join and post! If the mod is an anti- you will get banned. Try to weave it into the topic of the group... Try to monitor and follow up with any questions. Have links available.

There are tons of other social media sited out there - a shout out to redit! - each will have there best strategy.

The Ron Paul movement first gave birth on the Yahoo groups. I own a lot of that real estate. Back from Jan 2007. Then it went to MySpace. Both pretty much dying sites, now...

The problem w/ Meetup is someone has to pay for it, and that's a FAIL if it's not on the top of the attention list. That is driven by the media.

For one subscription fee, you can get 3 meetups. We have run an adopt a meetup, program, with many being adopted! But not enough. :(

Also about the requested graphic...

"I'm looking for MOMmy to be looking over his back - because he knows he just stabbed us in ours!
    I'm looking for him to look like the Aurora shooter dressed up like "The Joker", because the legislation he just pushed through for political reasons (He wants to run for prez) will lead to the deaths of more children in school shootings!
    I'm looking for an oblique image of the state of MD - with him standing on it or next to it. Urinating it - vision from behind as we don't want to display any gentiles and offend anyone. Something not looking straight down, but from an angle - and the state cut out like in a cooky cutter.

him flipping off those behind him (us) would be a good touch..."

-t

rocksnsticks

Jan 20, 2013
    Westminster MD
    I like the idea of a central graphic, but I think we will do ourselves a disservice if we attempt to be vulgar or cause a tragic event to be remembered. I would suggest (as you stated) a transparent outline of the state with a figure (non-specific) breaking a shotgun or hunting rifle over their knee while some hunters look on. This would bring more sympathy from the hunters/sportsmen to our cause and possible influence some from other states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom