• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    I think they should present the course in Chicago and Baltimore public schools. The kids could use some humor.

I think a gun safety course should be taught in the schools. And it might be worth trying to find a legislator to bring it forward this year. In the bill the sheriffs office or Police Department would be responsible for the teaching of the course. There have been such bills. One passed the House and the Senate years ago. But Glendenning wouldn't sign it.

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    People like that are part of the problem and there are so many of them. Had to just shake my head when I seen that picture.i am guilty , when I was on the farm did I practice gun saftey like I should ehhhh probably not . Now that I have to shoot at ranges with people things have change . I was safe don’t want you all thinking I was looking down barrel or doing what this lady was. Never used eci or wore glasses all the time ,hearing protection . But always taught kids different do as I say not as I do. I am hearing a lot of these classes people don’t even get range time .how can that be. A indoor range I frequently shoot at the renters are scary, muzzle control is something that gets forgotten. I usually leave ,guys i desk know they confront them then they get mad, but wtf. .But I feel the renters should take at least some kind of briefing other than the 2 minute run down . JMO

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    NRA has had the Eddie Eagle program for YEARS.

Gun safety for kids. Basically the same as the blasting cap safety back in the day.

Don't Touch

Leave the Area

Tell an Adult

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    There are like so many fun captions one could make up just for this picture.

DuUfguTUwAAYDpv.jpg

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    :lol2::lol2:

Hopefully that article is going out all over social media, editorials, anti gun groups, etc

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    NRA has had the Eddie Eagle program for YEARS.

Gun safety for kids. Basically the same as the blasting cap safety back in the day.

Don't Touch

Leave the Area

Tell an Adult

yes. But because the NRA is not going to fly because Libs don't like them, it is best to have LEO teach the course. Teaching it and having LEO teach it is a compromise - that could get done.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    yes. But because the NRA is not going to fly because Libs don't like them, it is best to have LEO teach the course. Teaching it and having LEO teach it is a compromise - that could get done.

You think they are ok with having an armed police officer in the classroom?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County

More than they are a member of the NRA. They are busy telling their kids that the NRA is a terrorist organization that likes to see school kids murdered. With that sort of a rhetorical position, they're never, ever going to partner up with or even tolerate and NRA-certified instructor in their midst.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member

Yes. As matter of fact, years ago I had a bill in the House for Eddie Eagle, Senator Hoffman liked the idea, but not having the NRA teach the class, we compromised - her Bill passed, of course. Glendenning never signed it.

Anyway, I feel it's a good compromise - could get a GOP House member and a Dem Senate member to each mirror the legislation. Cross file.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Also, IIRC, nothing in the Eddie Eagle program says anything about NRA. Not mentioned, not printed.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Yes. As matter of fact, years ago I had a bill in the House for Eddie Eagle, Senator Hoffman liked the idea, but not having the NRA teach the class, we compromised - her Bill passed, of course. Glendenning never signed it.

Anyway, I feel it's a good compromise - could get a GOP House member and a Dem Senate member to each mirror the legislation. Cross file.

You'd think the legislators would support such a bill, even though they think gun are the devil. I remember taking anti-drug resistance training in high school in the 70s and how to deal with blasting caps. (Where blasting caps ever an epidemic?)

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter

S E Hinton .................

Not to be a nattering nabob of negativism, but the MGA [we're not happy, until you're not happy), and Lawn Chair Larry, has as much chance of even considering a bill like this, let alone passing it, as I do of becoming Pope.

No, I have have a better chance of becoming Pope.

Odarlin1

Ultimate Member
    S E Hinton .................

Not to be a nattering nabob of negativism, but the MGA [we're not happy, until you're not happy), and Lawn Chair Larry, has as much chance of even considering a bill like this, let alone passing it, as I do of becoming Pope.

No, I have have a better chance of becoming Pope.

:lol:

But still worth the try. Let them know we are there, get the press so the importance of gun safety is in the news??? No?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom