• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Since I've been playing with these two new products all weekend I figured I'd give a short review of each.

Magpul MOE+ grip

Having relatively small hands, I've always been a fan of the Hogue Overmold grip. The rubbery grip gives great purchase and its small enough to give my trigger finger good placement. Now comes the MOE+ with a similar oversold rubber surface and the MOE grip angle. First impressions are the rubber is not as tacky as the Hogue. It does give a positive grip, but not as good as the Hogue. It does however give a better palm filling grip and I prefer the grip angle. I can get more of a positive grip with more of my hand which translates to better weapon control. It's still early in my testing process but I think I will keep it over the Hogue.

Magpul MS3 sling.

I have a few MS2 slings and while they are OK, I have never been a fan of the slippery silk feeling material or the clunky and heavy clasps. This sling addresses both areas with upgrades and turns this sling into my new favorite. I haven't had enough field time with it to really put it through it's paces but in just terms of hardware, and ergonomics this thing is great. It's easy to transition from single to 2-point and it's is fantastic in both roles where the last incarnation was just ok in both. The newly designed locking clasps are light and strong. I know this sounds like a Magpul press release, and I hate reviews that do that, but I really do like this sling. I like it a lot. It's simple, adjustable, and strong.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Nothing wrong with being a Magpul fanboy, they make good stuff, and here in the US at that. MOE+ is excellent, I'm putting one on my new AR.
    I'm still deciding between an MS3 or a TacStrap. Good to hear positive thoughts on the MS3.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    IMHO, the Magpul slings make more sense when you're running them with an ASAP and a RSA, so that you can take better advantage of the ability to switch from two-points to one-point. (Not that you'd do this on the fly, but if you know you're going into a situation where one style makes more sense than the other...) Nice to hear a review of the MS3, I very much like my MS2, glad they didn't screw it up.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I've drank the Colt/Larue Kool-Aid...but I also like Magpul stuff. For the money it's hard to beat.

Will you be running this sling in 3 gun?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    IMHO, the Magpul slings make more sense when you're running them with an ASAP and a RSA, so that you can take better advantage of the ability to switch from two-points to one-point. (Not that you'd do this on the fly, but if you know you're going into a situation where one style makes more sense than the other...) Nice to hear a review of the MS3, I very much like my MS2, glad they didn't screw it up.

If you like the MS2 which I don't really, the MS3 is a huge improvement in every way.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Personally I am waiting for Haley to release his own sling (ie the one he actually wanted magpul to make but they didnt) :innocent0 So my MS2 + Vtac pad will do for now.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Magpul MS3 sling.

I have a few MS2 slings and while they are OK, I have never been a fan of the slippery silk feeling material or the clunky and heavy clasps.

Im with you on the silk feeling. I have one as well..... just recently saw someone doing a review on youtube and went with something from SavvySniper.com.. their quad sling .

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I have recently been debating between a MS3, VTAC or VCAS sling. The MS3 is the only one of the three that can transform into a single point but the way the other two are made, you can quickly pull them tight against your body.

The only bad thing I've read about the MS3 is that it can be hard to adjust. Has anyone ran into this issue and does it improve over time after it's broken in?

EVOIXGSR

Straight Baller Status
    Mar 13, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Just a heads up to anyone looking to buy a Magpul MS3: It comes in 3 configurations available in two colors (black and tan, which is similar but not identical to FDE), quick detach buttons on both ends, standard clasp on both ends, and QD on one side with regular clasp on the other.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    FWIW, I have made effective use of the MS2's ability to go from two-point to single-point... but you need to have a rifle that's set up effectively for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom