Modular-length suppressors, any gotchas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    I'm just looking for something in 9mm, more for the sake of my and mine's ears. I like the Odessa-9 because of its small diameter, but I doubt I'd adjust the number of baffles, my main want is decibel reduction.

If I don't need the length options, am I giving myself any problems going for one like that? Is it harder/easier to clean? More parts = more chances to screw up? I'd appreciate any advice on folks who have them and know about the cons of modularity.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Realistically it’s not a big deal to skip a modular design unless you want to be able to reconfigure as desired. What you give up going with a modern modular can is not much. Maybe adds a little bit of weight, complexity, and POI shift when you reconfigure it. I have both and tend to prefer the modular cans (especially when you realize a full sized pistol can is annoying and some of the new modular cans are pretty quiet and short in K config, like the new TBAC fly 9).

Honestly both are fine as long as you go with a good design from a good company that is geared toward intended use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom