• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    ....well, who plans on being in the field? Where? What Firearm will you be using?
    I haven't hunted since my youngest qualified for those Youth Hunt Programs. Not many Spots available unless you own or have big $s to lease. I miss those old days!

Kenny

The Bomb Digity
    Nov 2, 2008
    Lusby
    I'll be in Calvert where you can't use a rifle on public hunting grounds. So I would be rocking a 16ga

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    rifle season begins monday here. i'll be umm "sick" that day and bag me a few deer that day since i know where they are bedding and there will be NO pressure on them what so ever

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    remington 700PSS in 308 and a marlin guide gun in 45-70 for the woods. may bring the ar15 just to break her in

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    700 sps 308.

I went out yesterday bow hunting. Man what a blasat. I spooked 4 bucks just going to my stand. Then i sat and watched the rut happening. Two bucks chased two does non stop for three hours. Then a smallgroup of does came by and gave me a shot so I bagged one. The big buck is going down!!!!!

FloydofOz

Dec 29, 2007
    Rockville/DC
    Ithica 37 12 gauge. Patuxent River. This will be my first time. I don't have a stand and don't plan on buying one. My friend went deer hunting in Romania without a stand and told me how he does it. I scouted it this weekend while squirrrel hunting. Found three possible spots and saw three does.

Turd Ferguson

Nov 19, 2008
    Set my stands a couple weeks back on private property near Elliott Island. Sika territory. My uncle took the first white tail in 5-6 years off the property about a month ago. 5 pt buck.

Remington 760 Gamemaster in 30-06 for the long field, Winchester '94 30-30 for the heavy brush (they LOVE the reeds. A long gun is worthless), and my .357 Python for the up close and personal. And coyotes. :D

I'll be heading down Friday, and staying until Wednesday evening. I figure that Tuesday and Wednesday will be great hunting.

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    Might sit up at the pond at Elk Neck with the 7 mag. She did me good in MO last week, so we'll see what she'll do here. Either that or kick some swamp in Dorchester with the 8 shot 500 with 000 buck...

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Might sit up at the pond at Elk Neck with the 7 mag. She did me good in MO last week, so we'll see what she'll do here. Either that or kick some swamp in Dorchester with the 8 shot 500 with 000 buck...

Correct me if im wrong, but dont you have you counties mixed up? You plan on using a rifle in cecil county and shotgun in dorchester, but don't the laws state the opposite?

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    Correct me if im wrong, but dont you have you counties mixed up? You plan on using a rifle in cecil county and shotgun in dorchester, but don't the laws state the opposite?

rifles are legal in cecil and I think dorchester is the only county where buck is allowed

off to check dnr sight

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    OK
    Deer hunters using shotguns must use a pumpkin ball, rifled slug or sabot. Buckshot may not be used to hunt deer except in Dorchester County, where #1 size buckshot or larger may be used. The use of shotguns smaller than 20 gauge for deer hunting is not permitted.
    and Cecil isnt listed in the states where rifles arent allowed

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom