• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Just moved to Colesville from western Washington. Still wondering why MD won't honor my WA CCP.

:tdown:
    Md does not honor any other states CCW. This is a May Issue state and they pretty much decided for us a long ago that they were not going to approve any general permits. One reason why even the state cops here call this place the Peoples Republic of Maryland. We are trying to get it changed to a Shall Issue condition but nothing so far. The wheels of justice turn slowly, unless you can grease it with $$$. Most of us then get OOS non-resident permits from either Florida or Utah (mine is FLA). That just means we can carry everywhere around here in neighboring states (except DC) but our own state where they think we are too stupid to be trusted with firearms on our person.

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Stop it now!! :) Those people paid a lot of money for their houses in ROCKVILLE, GAITHERSBURG, and DARNSTOWN!!! I was born and raised here. Sorry always has been and always will be the previously stated towns. North Potomac. That kills me. :lol2:

As compared to Mt. Airy?? :P

PointnClick

Nov 18, 2012
    MoCo
    Germantown here. I moved down to MD about 6 months ago for my job. I go to Gilbert indoor a bunch and I'm looking for a good trap/skeet range around here. Any ideas?

SpringChicken

Sep 17, 2010
    Wheaton South here. :lol2: Not as catchy as North Potomac is it?

A mile north of the beltway, halfway between Georgia and Sligo.

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Grew up in Wheaton off University Blvd & Inwood Ave, and now live near Downtown Silver Spring near Georgia Ave & 16th Street.

I shoot at On Target, and hope to join IWLA Poolesville this Spring...

FHJ69

Mar 13, 2011
    Upper PDRMC
    Grew up in Wheaton off University Blvd & Inwood Ave, and now live near Downtown Silver Spring near Georgia Ave & 16th Street.

I shoot at On Target, and hope to join IWLA Poolesville this Spring...

Start going to the dinner meetings now. The IWLA in Poolesville is the BCC chapter.

By going to the mandatory dinner meetings now and finding a sponsor you'll get to know the folk. And when spring rolls around you can also work on your chapter improvement hours as a member by then.

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    Welcome to the hood. I am a short distance away, where Randolph turns into Cherry Hill, right near the Armory.

I'm just up the street from the armory, back on the other side of 29 in the second set of suburbs. Nice neighborhood, lots of deer walking around-very quiet and tranquil. My first realization of the politics of this area was shortly after moving in, I decided I would get my chainsaw and take down the very dead tree that is an eyesore on my lawn. So I'm out there with the chainsaw and ladder, getting ready to climb up and start taking some branches down. The neighbor comes running over waving her arms yelling at me to stop. She then proceeds to tell me that I can't legally cut this tree down (she's a cop btw). Say's I have to call the county and have them send an arborist out and that person gets to decide if the tree comes down or not. I thought it was a joke. You know...'let's screw with the new guy" kinda thing. She was serious...

So I call the county and I'm told that I am not to touch the tree-they will send someone. So literally about four months pass and some jackass in a white truck rolls up one day, takes a look at the tree and say's "yep, it's dead. Needs to be removed."

Well thank you captain obvious! Hell I never could have figured that one out without the help of county gov't.

So then I ask the guy if I can cut my tree down now...I was planning to cut it into firewood. I honestly thought he was going to go into shock.

He tells me that I am not to touch the tree. He's sending a crew to remove it. If I touch it, I could be fined, cited, probably have my guns confiscated...God knows what else.

So that was back in November that he was here. I still haven't seen this crew that's supposed to remove my dead tree.

As an added bonus; it reaches over the street. SO if it falls on someone's car, my insurance company won't cover the damages because I've been told by a gov't official that the tree is dead and needs to be removed. So the insurance company sees it as, I need to remove the tree. However, here in the people's republic of montgomery county, I can't touch the goddamn thing because I'm too stupid to remove a tree...apparently.

Needless to say, the wife and I are already discussing moving and we've only been here six months. I'm just not used to this and don't really care to get used to it.

/rant

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom