• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    On a positive note, I had several nice conversations with the LEOs on site. Nice guys, very supportive, and I made sure they knew how much I (we) appreciate the job they do for us. Surprisingly, a few were still happy in their jobs, but more were looking for an early exit. Can't say I blame them.

I know a bunch of MCPD officers. All of the ones I know are on our side. Sadly, each on of them seems to want out asap. They don't seem to feel that they are supported by the county leaders and upper echelon leadership. I've heard complaints about unwarranted promotions, lack of concern or correction when rookies fail to list some important charges on documents and an "are you kidding me" view of things they see happen. It's sad but I'm guessing morale is declining.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I am very glad to be apart of this today, thanks for letting us know. It was a pleasure getting to meet other MDS'ers and putting faces with screen names.

This was the first time I attended an anti's rally so here are my thoughts:

* I believe that most of them are brainwashed. They are intentionally being confused as to terminology in order to invoke an emotional response. I overheard some conversations and they were being illogical in their own statements. They only repeat the key phrases that the Brady Bunch wants them to repeat without really understanding what they are saying.

* It was very disrespectful to jeer and boo during the service. I don't care if what was being said was wrong it made MSI look bad.

* Dan did a great job talking to the reporter and focusing on fixing the mental health issue on NICS.

* We (MSI) need to be there in greater numbers at EVERY Brady Bunch rally.

* We need to do a better job engaging the crowd and talking to them, not shouting at them. I overheard a few MSI members shouting "idiots" at them. This is only going to enforce stereo types of gun owners and build their resolve.

* We need to find common ground and separate out some of the issues, like mental health. They talk about "common sense background checks" but don't want mental health to be reported--That doesn't make sense.

* We need to come up with an education plan so that people outside of the gun community can understand what is being said. I doubt any of the antis there know what NICS is or that a criminal owning a gun is already illegal.

* We need to work on our image to come across as polite, respectful and intelligent in order to win some of their hearts. We need the image that we are there to help reduce gun violence too but how we want to do is different.

* Every one of those tragic stories were also cases for shall-issue permits. The one of the girl being shot by a criminal who bought a gun illegally was a great story. The girl couldn't have gotten her permit to defend herself and there was nothing in that story that would have been different with whatever legislation they want.

I truly enjoyed being a part of that event and hearing both sides. I feel like I have a better understanding now of what we are up against. I'm going to try to make it to more of these events in 2016 now that school is over I have more free time. Thanks again for the invite.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Biggest one was that "MD already has some of yhe toughest gun laws ......" but they didn't finish the thought. They also mentioned the guns save lives stickers.

Thinking back on the report, what I saw was a weak crowd of antis. When the speaker made appoint concerning gun registration, the applause was weak. To me it didn't look like a very big crowd for the antis.

It was a Liberal Lovefest, to be sure. There were some really hard-core closed minds there, but also a lot of folks willing to listen (at least a little).

As for numbers?

I'd say there may have been 200 total, 25 of them 'us' (and we attracted a dozen or so others who came for the same reason).

Most of the police there (an overkill response, I'm sure... proof we are watched, IMO) were good with it, and c couple really got a tickle out of us being there.

I got to have a nice long conversation with a woman whose son, it turns out, owns the farm along I-70 with the arch-conservative signs we so rave about.

All-in-all, it was a decent evening, and people were surprised that our people would come from so far away to watch Van Hollowhead and Leggett dryhump each other over gun control.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I am very glad to be apart of this today, thanks for letting us know. It was a pleasure getting to meet other MDS'ers and putting faces with screen names.

* I believe that most of them are brainwashed. They are intentionally being confused as to terminology in order to invoke an emotional response. I overheard some conversations and they were being illogical in their own statements. They only repeat the key phrases that the Brady Bunch wants them to repeat without really understanding what they are saying.

* It was very disrespectful to jeer and boo during the service. I don't care if what was being said was wrong it made MSI look bad.

The two guys doing that were neither MSI members nor members here, but guys that heard about the rally on WMAL.

* Dan did a great job talking to the reporter and focusing on fixing the mental health issue on NICS.

Thanks, I try.

This, and it needs to be the firearms community as a whole, not just MSI members.

* We need to do a better job engaging the crowd and talking to them, not shouting at them. I overheard a few MSI members shouting "idiots" at them. This is only going to enforce stereo types of gun owners and build their resolve.

Again, not MSI or MDS members.

* We need to find common ground and separate out some of the issues, like mental health. They talk about "common sense background checks" but don't want mental health to be reported--That doesn't make sense.

* We need to come up with an education plan so that people outside of the gun community can understand what is being said. I doubt any of the antis there know what NICS is or that a criminal owning a gun is already illegal.

* We need to work on our image to come across as polite, respectful and intelligent in order to win some of their hearts. We need the image that we are there to help reduce gun violence too but how we want to do is different.

* Every one of those tragic stories were also cases for shall-issue permits. The one of the girl being shot by a criminal who bought a gun illegally was a great story. The girl couldn't have gotten her permit to defend herself and there was nothing in that story that would have been different with whatever legislation they want.

I truly enjoyed being a part of that event and hearing both sides. I feel like I have a better understanding now of what we are up against. I'm going to try to make it to more of these events in 2016 now that school is over I have more free time. Thanks again for the invite.

Thanks for coming out.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    UFB ...

Many MSI, MDS people came from far away. I strongly doubt the liberals had to travel more than 15 minutes. When they had a Muslim Imam give his prayer, then later quip, "Where will you be the next time gun violence occurs?" I really wanted to yell, "Probably near a group of Muslims!"

lseries

Dec 11, 2011

This. Absolutely 100%. The best post I can ever remember reading on mdshooters!

Mr H

Point of clarification, if I may...

This wasn't an MSI event, though it was promoted through MSI.

This was a gathering of the 2A community--mostly from MDS--and some of them are not well-versed in how to play nice with antis.

The one guy in particular (in red) was more than a little obnoxious, and several of us said something to him, to try and preserve the calm. He finally stepped aside, and generally behaved after that.

The encouraging thing for me was that there were several people who were unaffiliated with MDS or MSI, and felt the need to come out.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Why were Police there? They don't feel safe without being protected by firearms? Oh chit. I know the answer, they knew we were coming.

Mr H

Why were Police there? They don't feel safe without being protected by firearms? Oh chit. I know the answer, they knew we were coming.

They had several command level officers there, in addition to 'beat cops'. It was almost like there was an expectation of trouble.

Honestly, the majority of harsh words were from the believers, with only a couple outbursts from people who could be associated with us (names withheld to protect the short-fused ;))

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

The amount of sucking up leftists do is unbelievable and so transparent. Imagine if a Minister or Priest started by mentioning God.. :sad20:
    What I really don't get, there is a large Jewish contingent in this area, and they eat that stuff up too?

Leggett and/or CVH always bring a swat team with them.. Leggett had plain clothes body guard at my kids pre-school when he came to make a 10 minute speech.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    They are the true enemy. They are not there to 'remove guns from society'. They are there to remove guns from we the law abiding.

FIFY.

And thank you to all who took the time to support this event. And H/Ts to those who posted pictures and after-actions. :clap:

I wish I had been able to join y'all, but I had a prior engagement that I couldn't schedule around.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I feel better now... I bathed in gunpowder bath salts and put on my Hoppe's No.9 deodorant... I don't think I have ever been surrounded by so many anti-gun droids in my whole life... :sad20:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    They had several command level officers there, in addition to 'beat cops'. It was almost like there was an expectation of trouble.

Honestly, the majority of harsh words were from the believers, with only a couple outbursts from people who could be associated with us (names withheld to protect the short-fused ;))

I'm sorta' glad I didn't attend. I was 'on the fence' and as I sensed my blood pressure starting to rise if figured that it would have aggravated my Tourette's ... :innocent0

The amount of sucking up leftists do is unbelievable and so transparent. Imagine if a Minister or Priest started by mentioning God.. :sad20:

What I really don't get, there is a large Jewish contingent in this area, and they eat that stuff up too?

Leggett and/or CVH always bring a swat team with them.. Leggett had plain clothes body guard at my kids pre-school when he came to make a 10 minute speech.

If I would have known ahead of time that they were to have an Islamic invocation at the outset of the rally, I would have been there in full 'bitter clinger' mode ... along with spouting a string of four letter words that have never been uttered together in a sentence beyond that of a George Carlin routine.

Between the antis, the Iman, and Ike Leggett's dysfunctional county government, I would have been over the top with antipathy towards people who aren't like me. :sarcasm:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The very first thing that struck me was the obvious painful wincing on the faces of the people who could read the "GUNS SAVE LIVES" sticker on my jacket. Then I remembered that the bureaucrats and politicians in Annapolis are acclimated to our stickers, but they come as a SHOCK to the average Liberal dunce on the street. Shocked, I tell you, shocked.

I spent the majority of my time seeking out the Brady Bunch sign wavers. They were willing to have a little give and take, save for one who said "Get away from me!"--even though she had walked up on me while I was talking to her Brady friend. The other Brady Bunchers I talked with said I seemed very reasonable and pleasant to talk to--despite the fact that I did not give an inch on the issues. So there is a way to engage but no minds were changed.

Interestingly, almost every sign waver was a woman. Except for the professional male politicians making speeches this event was a "Women Against Gun Violence" event. Any men in attendance seemed to be walking a step BEHIND the ladies and not making a peep. Hmmmm.

The most intriguing moment was the address by the Muslim Iman at an event that had--in my estimation--significant Jewish participation. I am quite certain Democrap Van Hollen set a trap, hoping to spark an anti-Muslim outburst from our side. But it did not happen.

We stayed with our playbook and it was a big success because THERE WERE NO OUTBURSTS for the media or the Liberals to latch onto. We were attendees with an opposition view that we were NOT willing to surrender...and we remained dignified.

Again, great to see dblas, Mr H, Gamer Jim, Magnumst, Fabsroman, ShafTed, R56 Ed, AppleHD, Schipperke and the other fine MDS patriots!

...I didn't change any minds but did give them things to consider as well trying to current some of the false hoods that are constantly spewed from the left. I was a step behind Rack&Roll in trying to speak the the young lady at the end. Of course I was hoping to get her number as well as educate her:D

Hey now... I can still hip check with the best of them LOL....

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    WTTG didn't mention crap as far as what really happened, One guy that says he understand why registration is bad, but Military weapons shouldn't be owned...
    Where can I buy my Military Weapon????

TopShelf

@TopShelfJS
    Feb 26, 2012
    Glad to hear that things went relatively well.

Somewhat of a side note: #CutTheCheck was a hashtag used when "protesters" did not receive some promised compensation for showing up to "protest" and support causes. I think that was over the summer, when the Ferguson stuff was going on. What's my point? You may encounter some people who are paid to be there and pose as supporters of the cause. Don't be too discouraged if not everyone has an open mind at these things. Some may be receiving compensation to support the position.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Upon arrival I parked right behind the County Executives armed body guard chauffeur driven van. Regretfully, I have no body guard or chauffeur.

I asked one of the women handing signs out, "where did you get such great signs".

To which she replied, "PETA". The label on the shipping box confirmed it.

I'm convinced these PETA, Planned Parenthood, the Susan G. Komen Foundation, etc. play a shell game with their support funds.

On another note, I was able to convince at least one mom (who said she was on the fence) to take a free HQL class as my quest.

When they started signing Kumbya, I couldn't take it anymore and started to make my way out.

As people left I reminded them to look both ways, have a safe drive home and an enjoyable holiday.

That really made some of them rather livid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom