• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Think it's more a concern of teachers not being trained in weapon retention. Also a matter of size. I don't worry about someone like Norton retaining a weapon. I do have concerns about someone like my daughter's teacher who is all of 5'3" and maybe 110 lbs.

This is the piece I think many people miss.

ANY carry should come with some level of assessment and training/practice.

We choose which firearm is suitable for us, personally. Likewise (in this example), teachers should be screened and trained to be effective and safe defenders.

After Sandy Hook, my wife was asked if she would carry. She responded that (paraphrasing), whether she did or not, it would be after serious training and assessment.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    This is the piece I think many people miss.

ANY carry should come with some level of assessment and training/practice.

We choose which firearm is suitable for us, personally. Likewise (in this example), teachers should be screened and trained to be effective and safe defenders.

After Sandy Hook, my wife was asked if she would carry. She responded that (paraphrasing), whether she did or not, it would be after serious training and assessment.

Yep,

everyone has been missing the text of the bill:

Those seeking to be designated as school protection officers must make a request in writing to the superintendent of the school district along with proof of ownership of a valid concealed carry endorsement or permit, if the person is seeking to carry a firearm, and a certificate of completion of a school protection officer training program.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom