• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    How many times have you been through the legal system? Doesn't seem like something easily forgotten.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    http://statutes.laws.com/maryland/criminal-law/title-10/subtitle-1/10-113

It appears to be a civil offence... much like a parking ticket.

(f) Code violation; disposition.-

(1) For purposes of this section, a violation of §§ 10-113 through 10-115 or a violation of § 10-118 of this part is a Code violation and is a civil offense.

(2) A person charged who is under the age of 18 years shall be subject to the procedures and dispositions provided in Title 3, Subtitle 8A of the Courts Article.

(3) A person charged who is at least 18 years old shall be subject to the provisions of this section.

(4) Adjudication of a Code violation is not a criminal conviction for any purpose, and it does not impose any of the civil disabilities ordinarily imposed by a criminal conviction.

http://statutes.laws.com/maryland/criminal-law/title-10/subtitle-1/10-119

THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE!!! YOU SHOULD RETAIN AND OBTAIN THE ADVICE OF A QUALIFIED ATTORNEY!

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    LOL, I remember when I was in 2nd grade and I stepped on some kid's shoelaces, and I thought I was going to get in trouble because the principal saw me. How do you not remember a guilty plea and $350 fine from just 20 years ago?

3/2ACR Vet

Jul 6, 2012
    Baltimore City
    10-115 is possession of a fake ID

An individual under the age of 21 years may not possess a card or document that falsely identifies the age of the individual under circumstances that reasonably indicate an intention to violate the provisions of this part.

Actually, it looks like it only cost him 5$
    the 350$ is listed as suspended

Dec 6, 2011
    Actually, at the time of the offense, it was covered under the old Article 27 and read like this:

Misrepresentation of age

An individual under the age of 21 years may not possess a card or document that falsely identifies the age of the individual under circumstances that reasonably indicate an intention to violate the provisions of this subheading. Art. 27, Sec. 400B.

And as stated above, it is a Code violation and the court costs were $5 for that type of offense at the time of adjudication.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Actually, at the time of the offense, it was covered under the old Article 27 and read like this:

Misrepresentation of age

An individual under the age of 21 years may not possess a card or document that falsely identifies the age of the individual under circumstances that reasonably indicate an intention to violate the provisions of this subheading. Art. 27, Sec. 400B.

And as stated above, it is a Code violation and the court costs were $5 for that type of offense at the time of adjudication.

Exactly. Also, civil citations do not carry probation with them since they are not criminal. So, it might have been changed over the years to a civil crime. To actually figure out what this is, one needs to go back to Article 27 of the old code, which is a big black code book.

I think I have finally gotten sick and tired of doing pro bono on this chatboard though. Too many people with too many problems, and now that we are nearing October 1, 2013, they are coming out of the wood works.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    Exactly. Also, civil citations do not carry probation with them since they are not criminal. So, it might have been changed over the years to a civil crime. To actually figure out what this is, one needs to go back to Article 27 of the old code, which is a big black code book.

I think I have finally gotten sick and tired of doing pro bono on this chatboard though. Too many people with too many problems, and now that we are nearing October 1, 2013, they are coming out of the wood works.

The current law is a civil offense that carries the possibility of probation. I've never seen that before, but I guess it's possible.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    Unfortunately you cant expunge a civil citation. No procedure in the code to do this so it will be on your record for ever. There are some "long-shot" things that maybe can get it off your record if it bothers you. Consult an attorney who does this sort of stuff. it wont be cheap either. Good news is it won't impact an CCW application since its analogous to a parking ticket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom