• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    Buy a mini-14 they said, it’ll be fun they said.

I bought a brand new stainless mini-14 a week ago, and after lubing it up I’ve cycled it a few times to get some grittiness out of the action.

Took it apart today and cleaned out some lube, put it back together, went to cycle it and the charging handle only goes back about an inch and then it feels like it’s catching and I can muscle it back some more but it doesn’t sound great. Can’t drop the trigger group either.

Tried the “Garand” drop, but that was useless, and she’s not fully stuck, just seems to be catching somewhere.

Any hints?

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    Maybe something stuck under the trigger that won’t allow it to go all the way back and latch with the sear when the bolt tries to cock it.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    Ok. That’s great! I’m going to look at mine when I get home to see how it fits in there. Kind of curious now.
    I had installed an accessory that said orientation didn’t matter, and it does fit both ways, but seems to bind up if inserted upside down.

The way that it has to go in makes sense intuitively, I was just a sucker and followed the third party instructions instead of Rugers (which is probably why I couldn’t find anything online about my semi stuck bolt (plenty about a fully stuck bolt)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom