• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kmittleman

Nov 22, 2010
    Howard County
    Anyone know if these are still legal? I see that the one with the folding stock is banned, but I wonder about the standard version. Also, anyone have any experience with this platform? I've heard the older ones were less than accurate.

-Kevin

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I know if you purchase a mini with the folding stock , it's considered regulated,,,, will the tactical mini be considered an assault rifle because of its threaded barrel, and having a detachable mag ?

Folks seriously, stop asking these questions until we have a law instead of a bil. It's not too late for some sneaky legislator to add stuff in the conference committee.

Next week, ask these questions.

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    Where can we find the new list of to be banned firearms? I was curious about the same.

People are rightly being encouraged to express opposition to the bill. I think it helps for them to understand what it would ban.

See numbered paragraphs no. 2 and no. 3 in this summary:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=114263

There is no "new list." It is the old list of rifles that were previously regulated. In addition, other rifles will be banned if they have the features described.

For any particular semiauto centerfire rifle, you go through a three-part analysis: (1) Is it on the list of named rifles? (2) If not, is it a "copy" of one of the named rifles? (See the memo from the AG's office here for guidance on what the State Police will regard as a "copy.") (3) If not, then is it a "copycat" rifle? -- meaning not really a copy of anything, but a centerfire rifle that meets the tests set forth the bill, as described in paragraph no. 3 of the summary in my original post.

If the answer to all these questions is "no," then it would not be banned. If the answer is "yes" to any one of the questions, then it will be banned.

The tests for semiauto pistols and shotguns are different, as explained summary I've linked above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom