• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Lambo said:
    Ive been collecting Mosin-Nagants the last few years. Add a couple Mausers to the Mix. To date there isn't to much quality to be had as far as Military Surplus Firearms, at least at affordable prices.
    I have in my collection,
    1 Russian MN M44 carbine
    1 Hungarian MN M44 carbine
    1 Polish MN M44 carbine
    1 Yugo M48 Mauser
    1 RC K98 Mauser
    There not much for accuracy but hold Historic Value.
    You really should get a K31 Swiss rifle (also known as a "Schmidt Rubin") to match your knife you almost threw away yesterday. I have yet to hear of anyone say theirs was not accurate as hell. The metal is almost guranteed to be good, but the downside is stocks are just as equally guranteed to be in terrible shape.

What country is RC?

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    I have 1 CZ-52. Breathes fire
    2 1911 45s 1 springfield 1 RIA Both handle ammo very different.
    1 O3 A3 30 06 made in 1943 with the ordnance bomb on the barrel.
    1 Swiss K31 with beautifull birch stock.
    1 Winchester .30 M1 carbine.

Last edited:

WESTMD

Member 2006
    Feb 19, 2006
    Far Far Away in W/MD
    I have my C&R and have added the following to the safe:
    2) Yugo SKS
    M-1 Garand
    1895 Nagant Pistol
    CZ52
    FB Radom Mod 35
    S&W Officers Mod 38spc
    1927 Colt Systema 1911A1
    Star Model B
    Mosin Nagant M38
    Ballester Molina

I think having a C&R is an addiction.

Lambo

R.I.P.
    Dec 6, 2005
    Bel Air, Maryland
    WESTMD said:
    I have my C&R and have added the following to the safe:
    2) Yugo SKS
    M-1 Garand
    1895 Nagant Pistol
    CZ52
    FB Radom Mod 35
    S&W Officers Mod 38spc
    1927 Colt Systema 1911A1
    Star Model B
    Mosin Nagant M38
    Ballester Molina

I think having a C&R is an addiction.

What did you pay for the Garand?

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Backwoods, SouthWest Arkansas
    Ok, now I really need some help.

I have the application for my C&R, but I live in Beltsville, which is not incorporated. Does anyone know who the CLEO is that I need to send the 2nd copy too ? I tried talking directly to ATF, but they keep sending me to Voice Mail boxes and no one ever gets back to me (been 4 days now).

Please help.......

Oh, and just for those who don't know, Beltsville is in PG country between Laurel and College Park.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    nighthawk2099 said:
    Ok, now I really need some help.

I have the application for my C&R, but I live in Beltsville, which is not incorporated. Does anyone know who the CLEO is that I need to send the 2nd copy too ? I tried talking directly to ATF, but they keep sending me to Voice Mail boxes and no one ever gets back to me (been 4 days now).

Please help.......

Oh, and just for those who don't know, Beltsville is in PG country between Laurel and College Park.
    Maryland State Police.
    I have heard of some people using the county sherrifs, but I bet all the Sherriffs did was to send the copy on to the MSP because that is who I put on mine and I can't remember where I read this, or who I heard it from, but they are the CLEO for the entire state in such matters (like for class III tax stamp approvals for instance).

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    novus collectus said:
    Maryland State Police.
    I have heard of some people using the county sherrifs, but I bet all the Sherriffs did was to send the copy on to the MSP because that is who I put on mine and I can't remember where I read this, or who I heard it from, but they are the CLEO for the entire state in such matters (like for class III tax stamp approvals for instance).
    Oops, I didn't see the link before I posted that :o

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    :smack:

Oh boy! Well, I sent mine to "Melvin C. High Chief of Police Prince George's County Police Department"......

:innocent0 oh well..... I'm sure he will be more than happy to pass this along to the State folks for me.

Funny though, the last time I called 911, the boys in brown were no where to be found, just the PG boys.... oh well. I'm just glad ATF doesn't wait on anything from them.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    nighthawk2099 said:
    :smack:

Oh boy! Well, I sent mine to "Melvin C. High Chief of Police Prince George's County Police Department"......

:innocent0 oh well..... I'm sure he will be more than happy to pass this along to the State folks for me.

Funny though, the last time I called 911, the boys in brown were no where to be found, just the PG boys.... oh well. I'm just glad ATF doesn't wait on anything from them.

On my way into work each day through PG I see signs: Micheal Jackson for Sheriff!

Having lived and worked in PG I can't share glowing accounts of my experience with their county police.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    When in doubt, go straight to the highest state authority, the State Police.

They've been extrememly good to deal with on private transfers, so I can only hope that they'll be as helpful to you.

nighthawk2099

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2006
    Ok, just thought I'd update a little on my C&R app.

Well, my wife misplace my original applications (to be fair, I think I might have shreaded it with some other documents... :innocent0 ), and got another from ATF. I finally got around to sending it out on October 10. Funds were withdrawn from my account on Oct. 18 and I got the packet and license in yesterday (Nov. 1). So I'm thinking about 15 business days from start to finish. Thanks everyone for the help.

:party29: Now, that's 2 SKS for the boys, one for daddy.........

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    nighthawk2099 said:
    Ok, just thought I'd update a little on my C&R app.

Well, my wife misplace my original applications (to be fair, I think I might have shreaded it with some other documents... :innocent0 ), and got another from ATF. I finally got around to sending it out on October 10. Funds were withdrawn from my account on Oct. 18 and I got the packet and license in yesterday (Nov. 1). So I'm thinking about 15 business days from start to finish. Thanks everyone for the help.

:party29: Now, that's 2 SKS for the boys, one for daddy.........
    Going to the gun show at Upper Marlboro to use the license? That is what I did and I think I got my first C&R rifle from the gun show down there.

U.S.SFC_RET

Ultimate Member
    Dec 8, 2005
    Can I just send an unsigned copy of FFL form to Maryland State Police as the CLEO? and send the rest of the form in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom