• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

opticman

9mm EyeDoctor
    Sep 30, 2009
    Where to rally and where to park

I've never been down to where this rally will be. Can someone tell me what and where the place is? Also, where do you park? How far is that from the rally meeting point?

Thanks

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I've never been down to where this rally will be. Can someone tell me what and where the place is? Also, where do you park? How far is that from the rally meeting point?

Thanks

100 State Circle, Annapolis, MD is the closest I can get on Google Maps to Lawyer's Mall. However, "Lawyer's Mall, Annapolis" in Google will show you some photos of the structures and statues that are there and help you as you navigate your way around.

Parking at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium (google that) is $5 for the whole day with a shuttle to the State House where Lawyer's Mall is located. Or, it's just a mile walk and I always enjoy that.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    How many Open Holster rallies have you been to?

Well, as a new resident of Maryland (moved here from a non communist midwest state) Zero. I did go to the rally yesterday and I'd be happy to attend future open holster rallies. But thanks for asking... I sure appreciate the warm welcome:thumbsup:

Jack Ryan

Ultimate Member
    Jul 29, 2011
    People’s Republic of Maryland
    I was there yesterday, I will be at the February 8th rally, and the Gun Day hearings as well.

We gotta fight this assault or they will take away our rights for sure. Lets not roll over like New York.

Fight with emails, phone calls, rallies, the hearings, and get your friends and families involved too.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Well, as a new resident of Maryland (moved here from a non communist midwest state) Zero. I did go to the rally yesterday and I'd be happy to attend future open holster rallies. But thanks for asking... I sure appreciate the warm welcome:thumbsup:

Welcome to Maryland and thanks for jumping into the fray so soon.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28

Many of us here have been the few at a lot of events so sorry if I am a little touchy. If there can be a great turnout whoever coordinates it is a good thing. I wish I could have made yesterday but the 8th is on my callendar. I hope gun day does not fall on one of the nights I am teaching or I will be there till 2pm and be back by 9pm if we are still at it.

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    If you are in a joining mood, don't forget SAF. :D

DONE.

For current going rate of 1 pmag, I was able to join MSRPA, MSI and SAF.

Many of us here have been the few at a lot of events so sorry if I am a little touchy. If there can be a great turnout whoever coordinates it is a good thing. I wish I could have made yesterday but the 8th is on my callendar. I hope gun day does not fall on one of the nights I am teaching or I will be there till 2pm and be back by 9pm if we are still at it.
    It's ok, no offense taken. I could tell from other posts that there hasn't been a great turnout for some past events and understandably, that was frustrating for the more dedicated among us. Just wanted to show that I am dedicated to the cause and don't hold the low post count against me haha.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Went to the range this afternoon and shooting to my left were two AR's firing away. I asked if they went on Saturday and received the reply "no". Shit, we have many firearms clubs|ranges, hunting clubS and only 400 showed up. As elections these events have consequences.

Unbelievable not one of them co-sponsored Marylanders Untied for Gun Rights, for sure bunch of pussies.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Went to the range this afternoon and shooting to my left were two AR's firing away. I asked if they went on Saturday and received the reply "no". Shit, we have many firearms clubs|ranges, hunting clubS and only 400 showed up. As elections these events have consequences.

Unbelievable not one of them co-sponsored Marylanders Untied for Gun Rights, for sure bunch of pussies.

IGMs...

It's our biggest group to wake up, and our biggest problem. Especially the "big man I have a uber-cool gun" faction.

Martian

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 15, 2007
    PG Co.
    Honestly, I had never heard of Marylanders United for Gun Rights before, and with the event planned with very short notice, I doubt most organizations had a chance to even think about requesting co-sponsoring or getting board approval. A lot of people told me afterwards they never heard about it, or they would have attended.

They announced that this past year, state conservative groups really came together in force for the first time. This event had seasoned high-visibility conservative-connected experts behind it, and had they had more time, I believe word would have spread and we would have had an ever bigger crowd.

Former Mrs. Maryland Ginny Meerman is front and center in major state conservative efforts, so I was glad to see her there in addition to the many political faces in the state. She also did a shout out to Second Amendment Sisters and MD Co-coordinator Nicole Bailey, which was a nice touch.

I had 75 business cards (I usually hand out about 25-50) and they were quickly gone with people still asking for them. It looks like the Obama and O'Malley threats are being taken seriously by gun owners.

The real test will be how many actually show up on gun days (If they don't pass legislation at midnight as New York did...)

Martian

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 15, 2007
    PG Co.
    I was there yesterday, I will be at the February 8th rally, and the Gun Day hearings as well.

We gotta fight this assault or they will take away our rights for sure. Lets not roll over like New York.

Fight with emails, phone calls, rallies, the hearings, and get your friends and families involved too.
    Yes! Even if you don't have much time, quickly look up 3 sound bites to make your case -- MSI has even posted a library where you can find things, and online articles by Kopel, Volokh, Halbrook, Malcolm, Mauser, Lott and others have plenty of juicy tidbits to harvest.

If some of O'Malley's laws do get passed, some of us will have to think long and hard about whether to stay in Maryland or move out before the November effective date.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    I know other groups focused specifically on MD are saying don't bother about the 8th to come on the 6th and even said the 8th has been cancelled.

The 8th is still a go and is a separate national level event if you can go on the 8th you will not be alone.

I will not say to pick one over the other. That is your choice I am planning to make it to both events. But for those of you who cannot change their plans I wanted to try and clarify (though will probably be flamed for this post)

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I know other groups focused specifically on MD are saying don't bother about the 8th to come on the 6th and even said the 8th has been cancelled.

The 8th is still a go and is a separate national level event if you can go on the 8th you will not be alone.

I will not say to pick one over the other. That is your choice I am planning to make it to both events. But for those of you who cannot change their plans I wanted to try and clarify (though will probably be flamed for this post)

So...the people with the boots on the ground in Maryland, who know the territory, are supposed to be beholden to a FB event organized by people from outside the state?

Nope. :sad20:

Even the organizers of Feb 8 event in MD have withdrawn their endorsement of the event. The very people who pulled the permit are moving the rally to Feb 6.

There is no formal Feb 8 event.

Fox123

Ultimate Member
    May 21, 2012
    Rosedale, MD
    So F the people who are going to show up?

I never said to be beholden to a group. They are two separate things with what is starting to look like (and should be) two separate agendas. One shouldn't take over and snipe the other. Thats all.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    So F the people who are going to show up?

I never said to be beholden to a group. They are two separate things with what is starting to look like (and should be) two separate agendas. One shouldn't take over and snipe the other. Thats all.

The point is that the very organizers of the original 2/8 date have moved the event to 2/6. They made the wise decision to move the event to a time when it would make the most difference....when the legislature is in session.

We've had one rally that while effective at getting people out and feeling good about doing something, was largely ineffective at transmitting that message to the legislature as a whole because it was done on a weekend.

Friday afternoons in Annapolis are no different. It's a ghost town.

The people agitating on the internet for the 2/8 date aren't even from MD from what I can see.

Jdea2057

Jan 1, 2011
    Sharptown
    Fox is right the event for the 8th has not been cancelled people on this forum are trying to give misinformation to make people think the 6th is the only important day. It is important if you are able to pack the hall and testify but any rally for our rights is important! I think there is some liberal trying to make waves here when we all truly need to stick together. That being said I will still be there on the 8th as well as others

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    lsmitty67

Latest threads

Top Bottom