• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    IMO, we're at a "push comes to shove" moment. I really don't care what other states do. The odds of a federal ban going through are pretty low. The odds of a Maryland state ban going through are MUCH better.

I recommend every able bodied person who cares about 2A in MD show up.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    They have almost 7,000 people attending. If they manage to get 1000 to show up, it'll be amazing.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    NO GUNS NO RIFLES NO HOLSTERS

The media will be looking for one troublemaker so they can report on that and not on the rally itself.

Feb 22, 2012
    Baltimore County
    what do you mean 'no holsters'? are they regulating my holster now? empty holsters is exactly what we need. with signs saying "next time we feel compelled to march on the capital in defense of 2A, the holsters won't be empty." (which is what they are planning to do in Colorado for this event).

why is everyone in MD so afraid? you want shall-issue ccw? or open carry? then you will have to take a stand, be vocal, expose yourself to the 'suspect lists' maintained by the alphabet soup agencies. are they putting prozac in loch raven or something?

gunone

MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2011
    MD
    what do you mean 'no holsters'? are they regulating my holster now? empty holsters is exactly what we need. with signs saying "next time we feel compelled to march on the capital in defense of 2A, the holsters won't be empty." (which is what they are planning to do in Colorado for this event).

why is everyone in MD so afraid? you want shall-issue ccw? or open carry? then you will have to take a stand, be vocal, expose yourself to the 'suspect lists' maintained by the alphabet soup agencies. are they putting prozac in loch raven or something?

We do not want to add to the image that all gun owners are fanatics. Going around telling people I will come back armed next time will not help at this point in the fight.

We need to convey an image that we are everyday, common-sense Americans who want our gun rights. Not the fringe people the media likes to portray many gun owners as. Or like the ones who do these mass shootings.

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009

Please watch this, we are not fanatics we are average citizens
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUAfft7l4wQ

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative

From another thread, but it's worth posting here again...

We are in a unique position in modern history.

As responsible gun owners, and free citizens, we are being looked at as the face of problems in the country, for no reason other than a loose association to maniacs and evil-doers, connected by nothing other than inanimate tools.

But the opposition--while the minority--is highly vocal, and plays dirty through the media.

Our responsibility--as upstanding citizens--is to counter the outcry with facts, to show ourselves with respect, and to speak our peace calmly yet firmly.

Excuse a bit of a ramble here, but I've found myself answering email and posting about several of these things this morning, and I might as well put it all in one place.

When communicating to your representatives (and even the media), be polite but firm. Use facts instead of an abundance of emotion. Make your points clear and concise, and with language that can be understood at about a 12-grade/college freshman level. Be respectful, even though we disagree with many of those with whom we are communicating. Salutations showing that respect (Honored Delegate, Esteemed Senator, etc.) go a long way to getting your letter read.

We will need to be visible, as well. This may be the most critical piece, and will require the most attention to detail.

When attending group events, we will need to present our position as responsible, respectable, and respectful citizens. The opposition wants nothing more than to paint gun owners as rogue militia, or hicks, or camo-clad paranoid renegades, who are wanting to stockpile for armageddon. Dress to impress. Not necessarily suits and ties (unless that's your norm), but clean-cut, neat, and tidy makes a huge difference. Avoid "hunting apparel", gun-logo shirts/hats, camo, or anything "tactical". We want to win on substance, of course.

If visiting lawmakers, or being interviewed for the news, this presentation is a huge step to moving our positions forward. Also, be well-versed in your position, and that of the movement.

Should you be part of a larger "rally", we should take a clue from the "Tea Party" example. Name-calling, destructive behavior, rudeness, insults, and filth are the hallmarks of the other guys' events. Signs can be honest, clean, and straightforward, and informative without creating animosity. Carry a couple of plastic bags in your pockets, and pick up trash as you go. Our whole message should be about a kinder, safer society, and living it will take [metaphoric] bullets from the other guys' gun.

Just a few thoughts...

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Sometimes it's depressing to see how things are in other states.
    This is from the FB page on this rally, a poster in the Washington state section.

"I will be attending the Feb 8th rally, I put a call into our Capitol and told them I was unsure of how many would be in attendance they said it would be fine to show up and we are allowed to open carry, this is also National Gaurd Day, should be good. How many will be attending on the 8th with us?
    Feel free to check out 2nd Amendment Showdown also facebook pg"

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    The march should be on one location, like DC - like all the other one million man marches. By state is too scattered, and, in my humble opinion, will have little impact.
    You don't have to agree with me, but this is how I see it. I still say, in a lot of states nothing amounting to anything is happening.

Washington is the seat of the government, and our laws our issued/changed/modified there.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    The march should be on one location, like DC - like all the other one million man marches. By state is too scattered, and, in my humble opinion, will have little impact.
    You don't have to agree with me, but this is how I see it. I still say, in a lot of states nothing amounting to anything is happening.

You know this will never be a million people, but it's much easier to get several thousand people each at 50 state houses than to get 50,000 people to Washington.
    Remember Glenn Beck's event on the mall? That took a year and a hell of a lot of money to put together.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Gotta be honest, I went back and read the last several pages and I'm a bit confused. Before I start organizing a carpool and moving my work schedule around I want to make sure this is really happening and that February 8th is the date. If it is I'm totally down and truly thankful to those putting it together. Couple questions Id love to ask though; Is this something MDS or MSI are "approving" or is this just a gathering? Central location for meeting everyone? Is there an agenda or just voicing our opinions and gathering in general? Sorry for all the questions but there is a lot of conflicting posts and I figured I'd just throw my thoughts all out there :). I'm down with whatever works :)

Ryan

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This is not an MSI or MDS event.

As far as I know, the organizer has not reached out to MSI or anything.

That said, it does appear he has a permit for a lawful assembly, so private citizens could def go.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    This is not an MSI or MDS event.

As far as I know, the organizer has not reached out to MSI or anything.

That said, it does appear he has a permit for a lawful assembly, so private citizens could def go.

Ok. So who is the organizer and is this still happening!? I must have misunderstood from the beginning I guess. Are mDS or msi going to the dates mentioned for GA?

Ryan

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom