• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    You must want one of these for nostalgia. I was talking to my ST5 buddy about them. He says they have them just because, but they don't use them. After all, look at this f ing thing. Totally unpractical. Funny the folks who fell for these things.

That's it. It's totally impractical and insanely over-engineered but from what I hear they do what they were designed to do...

Would you expect anything less from H&K? Look at all the H&K prototypes that went pretty far into the R&D stage but never made it... OICW, G11, XM8, to name a few.

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    Definitely for nostalgia. I like the pistol, wouldn't mind having the kac suppressor, but not the lam. My understanding is that the lam was not as great as other things that followed. Think of the original cell phones. That would be the lam.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I will say the Mk23 I fondled extensively had the smoothest double action trigger out of the box than ANY factory gun I have ever handled as far as I remember. And I have handled literally thousands by this point.

Single action was just as good if not better. I still want one... :(

And Ski, you're right about the LAM, the only reason I would want it is to complete the set as a collector. Functionally, I don't have any sort of NV device at all and while I like a laser on a HD pistol, I'd rather keep a Glock 21 SF bedside (availability of 30 round mags is a plus lol).

Ski169

May 28, 2012
    I will say the Mk23 I fondled extensively had the smoothest double action trigger out of the box than ANY factory gun I have ever handled as far as I remember. And I have handled literally thousands by this point.

Single action was just as good if not better. I still want one... :(

And Ski, you're right about the LAM, the only reason I would want it is to complete the set as a collector. Functionally, I don't have any sort of NV device at all and while I like a laser on a HD pistol, I'd rather keep a Glock 21 SF bedside (availability of 30 round mags is a plus lol).

I second that.:thumbsup:

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    I have one as well . It is big but I have big hands so it sits fine for me , all it is is a range toy but its a damned fun range toy and very accurate . As far as I know the only difference is the markings and the limited run they did of tan ones which I have . Mags are expensive around $65 if I recall .

Why do you torture me like that? One of these days we need to get to the range. I haven't had the opportunity to compare one to my USP .45. Hope your having a good summer.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Why do you torture me like that? One of these days we need to get to the range. I haven't had the opportunity to compare one to my USP .45. Hope your having a good summer.

I will be heading to Delmarva Monday morning . Send me a shopping list and Ill load em up lol .

Summer is going great and Wayne says hi .
    How are you guys making out ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom