• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis
    My son is in the marines, stationed in VA, a MD resident. He transfers to Hawaii in 3 weeks, will be home on leave for two weeks tomorrow. He has been deployed out of VA for the last two months and is coming back in tonight.

With the MD regulated firearm wait now approaching 3 months, and the rule that a regulated firearm has to be picked up within 30 days of "not disapproved" I am trying to figure out how to get him an AR (without my death) before they are banned here.

He can buy one now and submit the paperwork, but chances are he won't be back in time (esp since we don't know when that time will be) to pick it up.

He might be able to pick one up in VA with a 3 day wait, but there may be a problem since he is supposed to check out of his command probably tomorrow (Tuesday).

Anyone have any ideas?

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    He should become a resident of a 2A and Income Tax Friendlier state like Texas, Tenn or Fla. He would even be better off as a Va resident than O'Malleyland.

Forget Maryland and Hawaii is just as Anti-2A but the weather is better and the women are lot closer to good looking and naked.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    My son is in the marines, stationed in VA, a MD resident. He transfers to Hawaii in 3 weeks, will be home on leave for two weeks tomorrow. He has been deployed out of VA for the last two months and is coming back in tonight.

With the MD regulated firearm wait now approaching 3 months, and the rule that a regulated firearm has to be picked up within 30 days of "not disapproved" I am trying to figure out how to get him an AR (without my death) before they are banned here.

He can buy one now and submit the paperwork, but chances are he won't be back in time (esp since we don't know when that time will be) to pick it up.

He might be able to pick one up in VA with a 3 day wait, but there may be a problem since he is supposed to check out of his command probably tomorrow (Tuesday).

Anyone have any ideas?

Time wise this may be too close to call. However, if your son's original orders assigning him to the VA base/command are in effect today or tomorrow, he should be able to purchase in VA and pick-up 3 days later. His new assignment orders should not be effective until he signs in to his next duty station. So, depending on the amount of leave time taken between departure from his old duty station and arrival at his new duty station and also how his new assignment order is written, purchase and receipt of the weapon in VA should not be a problem…

Fred

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Time wise this may be too close to call. However, if your son's original orders assigning him to the VA base/command are in effect today or tomorrow, he should be able to purchase in VA and pick-up 3 days later. His new assignment orders should not be effective until he signs in to his next duty station. So, depending on the amount of leave time taken between departure from his old duty station and arrival at his new duty station and also how his new assignment order is written, purchase and receipt of the weapon in VA should not be a problem…

Fred

+1

This should not be a problem to get in VA. What 3 day wait, I didn't realize there was a 3 day wait in VA?

I would buy it in VA, he can buy as long as his orders are still good and he has a residence.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Yea I am not sure what the 3 day wait is. A few years ago when i was in the mil I bought a handgun in va and it was basically just a nics check, cash and carry with my orders in hand. I was technically a MD resident at the time.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Yea I am not sure what the 3 day wait is. A few years ago when i was in the mil I bought a handgun in va and it was basically just a nics check, cash and carry with my orders in hand. I was technically a MD resident at the time.

I dont know what I was thinking--no three day wait in VA...:o

Fred

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom