• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wahama90

This was in an article on somd.com.

"After the bill was passed, Senate President Thomas V. Mike Miller Jr., D-Calvert, said he “personally didn’t like the bill but (he) voted for it for society.”

“If you have a gun, you’re not going to be happy with the bill,” said Miller, a gun owner."

What a piece of work, but I guess if you didn't listen to it live or really know what was going on you might actually beleive his lying ass.:mad54:

Infantry23

Ultimate Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Hagerstown
    "If you have a gun, this bill is going to make policemen really reluctant to come calling at your door."

Perhaps he could've said something along these lines.

SSJ

Sep 16, 2011
    MD
    “You can get a gun quicker than you can get an apple or an orange in my community,” said Sen. Nathaniel McFadden, D-Baltimore. “It’s outrageous.”

How the FUDGE do they get away with saying this SHIZNIT?!?!?!?! I mean seriously?! This is the same party and the same people I hear the other week promoting how the Democrat mind is a high educated, higher thinking mind.

Also - please tell me where and how I can get a gun quicker than I can buy an apple?!!! I just went to GC today, bought a Glock, spent an hour doing paperwork, and then was told to leave and don't call back for 45 days....I know the supermarket is busy after 5PM, but even on Super Bowl Sunday the lines weren't 45 days long.....WTF!!?!?!?! :mad54: :mad54:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    “You can get a gun quicker than you can get an apple or an orange in my community,” said Sen. Nathaniel McFadden, D-Baltimore. “It’s outrageous.”

How the FUDGE do they get away with saying this SHIZNIT?!?!?!?! I mean seriously?! This is the same party and the same people I hear the other week promoting how the Democrat mind is a high educated, higher thinking mind.

Also - please tell me where and how I can get a gun quicker than I can buy an apple?!!! I just went to GC today, bought a Glock, spent an hour doing paperwork, and then was told to leave and don't call back for 45 days....I know the supermarket is busy after 5PM, but even on Super Bowl Sunday the lines weren't 45 days long.....WTF!!?!?!?! :mad54: :mad54:

Ah... You don't have connections like he does..lol

SSJ

Sep 16, 2011
    MD
    The worst part is the 90% of Maryland'ers believe this crap. My neighbor, a single 27 year old mom, who doesn't care about guns one way or the other will quote this stuff verbatim. I was talking to her today, about it. She honestly thought I can walk in and walk out with a gun in 10 minutes. She thinks that there are some people in MD w/M240 nests dug out on the side of their driveway, or that you can own a rocket launcher! (I was taking the AR-15 to the range one day and she thought the case had a rocket launcher inside.) This is the problem. The 90% of the rest of MD that doesn't care either way wakes up every day, turns on WJZ, and thinks that there are Mom's & Dad's taking kids to school w/AK-47's on their back.

SSJ

Sep 16, 2011
    MD
    ...Oh yeah, I forgot the best part of the conversation........I walked up to her to tell her about the bill and to ask her to call her representatives......her reply........"Oh, really, well why would I not want them to do that? Getting rid of the machine guns is a good thing. No one needs a machine gun."

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Don't act surprised about people's ignorance. Most people think that "assault weapons" are select-fire, full-auto weapons. This is why I prefer the terms Modern Sporting Rifles or Personal Defense Weapons (much similar to the terms the US Gov't uses in acquisition). Educating people is part of our job as pro-gun people. You have to be able to talk to them in layman's terms about what the weapons are - and what the regulations are surrounding them. Even firearm literate people are often unfamiliar with the intricacies of the NFA and other federal gun control laws.

I have been able to talk to many people and inform them on Maryland's gun purchasing fun - now at 30+ days despite a requirement to perform these checks inside of 7 days:

Md. PUBLIC SAFETY Code Ann. § 5-122 (b) (1):
    If the Secretary disapproves a firearm application, the Secretary shall notify the prospective seller, lessor, or transferor in writing of the disapproval within 7 days after the date that the executed firearm application is forwarded to the Secretary by certified mail or facsimile machine.

I have even offered to take some people with me on the purchase of weapons (which I seem to be doing more often now). I also am one of the few people of my group of friends who actually understands a lot about guns...which makes things interesting when these conversations break out.

But the more you talk to people about what the bills are and what the weapons are, the more people will say "what will these laws change?". These laws will not change crime in any significant manner. Making criminals in possession of illegally obtained firearms serve more than 4 months on average might change something...but registration? I think not...

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    ...Oh yeah, I forgot the best part of the conversation........I walked up to her to tell her about the bill and to ask her to call her representatives......her reply........"Oh, really, well why would I not want them to do that? Getting rid of the machine guns is a good thing. No one needs a machine gun."

Should have told thay cumb dunt she didn't need to breed. Anyone who says you don't need a machine gun has quite obviously never fired one!

Si vis pacem para bellum

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    http://m.capitalgazette.com/news/go...897-dd3c-582a-8591-2eae72b4576d.html?mode=jqm

While proponents of the legislation praised its passage, Senate Minority Leader E.J. Pipkin, R-Cecil, said what left the Senate was a "horrible bill."

"This does nothing for the safety of our citizens. That's a disappointment," Pipkin said. "If anything, all we've really done here is made some law-abiding citizens potentially criminals."

"The problem I have with this bill is it's all been put into one big bucket," Astle said. "What we're doing here is deluding ourselves into believing that this bill is going to solve the problem."

Pipkin said opponents in the House need to focus on gun licensing and attack the fingerprinting requirement.

"It's one of the most egregious parts of the bill," Pipkin said. "The whole licensing process which is being instituted needs to come out."

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    In another related response, A Maryland politician was quoted as saying
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a Frontal Lobotomy"
    Gun owners were polled and chose the latter as a treatment. :sad20:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    What does Omalley have on these people?

They work for the party, not their constituents. I have a friend who's a local politician and its amazing how soon in their careers the party handlers start telling them what to do and planning everything for them.

And they also know if Forrest Chump gets elected to the presidency in 2016, there will be coattails to ride and all kinds of jobs, money, and bennies for many high placed local MD democrats and their families.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom