• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I've dealt with both Midway and Graf's for many years. Both have been terrific suppliers. Not intending to toss either under a bus!

Here's what's odd to me lately: While neither have much of any reloading components in stock, Midway can turn a web order around for "in stock" items in 24/48 hours with a tracking number. But Graf's "in-stock" orders may take several weeks to get filled and shipped. WTF?

One thing that jumps out at me on Graf's site is "truck shipments are running 3 weeks behind". Truck shipments of what - going where?

As buyers in today's market we all know it's "catch as catch can". But can anyone shed light on differences between these two very reputable supplier's ability to process and ship orders?

:shrug:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    midway is huge. huge. they sell everything. think amazon.

grafs is small, they sell mostly reloading and ammo. think duck dynasty.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    yeah.. grafs have been slow on their shipping since the panic. they ship with free shipping is a plus.

2AMMD

Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    I have 2 orders pending from GRAFS (in stock). The shipping times were roughly stated. If they ship within that period, I will be satisfied. When a vendor states NEXT DAY SHIPPING and it takes 3 weeks I avoid them.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    I've gotten great service from both of them (also from Natchez), but my little gripe with Midway is that, even though I order more than enough at a time to not have their special $4 fee for small orders, if items are back-ordered (and most are these days) I get charged that stinkin' extra $4 for each item as it comes in and is shipped individually.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I placed an order with Powder Valley for a jug of Lil Gun on Feb 17th and 500 Sierra 125gr pro hunter SPT's on Feb 28th

I got the powder today and the bullets haven't even shipped.

I ordered 500 150gr .308 blems over the weekend from Midway and I will get them in the next day or two.

I am just about getting to the point where I am legitimately surprised to see boxes or to have to sign for them.

2AMMD

Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    When I ordered from Graff's they said not to even check on the order status until 4 weeks (ordered powder - in stock). If they ship within that period I'm OK. It's when a vendor doesen't do what they advertize that I stop dealing with them.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I placed an order with Powder Valley for a jug of Lil Gun on Feb 17th and 500 Sierra 125gr pro hunter SPT's on Feb 28th

I got the powder today and the bullets haven't even shipped.

I ordered 500 150gr .308 blems over the weekend from Midway and I will get them in the next day or two.

I am just about getting to the point where I am legitimately surprised to see boxes or to have to sign for them.

Got my Midway bullets today and my shipping note for the Powder Valley bullets just now :D

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I'm glad folks have gotten what they've ordered from other suppliers. That's great. :thumbsup: There are certainly alternative sources.

Going full circle we're back to my original question: If Midway can get orders for "in stock" items OTD in 48 hours (which they've done very recently for me), what in the world causes the "4-week" delay with Graf's? It's not as if they have a bazillion items "in stock" to begin with to consume their time processing and shipping orders.

:confused: :shrug:

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i've been waiting on Grafs for 3 weeks now to ship something in stock.:mad54:
    i finally tracked down the building, but no one was in.

Attachments

• OfficeOuthouse2.jpg
      OfficeOuthouse2.jpg
      28.1 KB · Views: 87

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I'm glad folks have gotten what they've ordered from other suppliers. That's great. :thumbsup: There are certainly alternative sources.

Going full circle we're back to my original question: If Midway can get orders for "in stock" items OTD in 48 hours (which they've done very recently for me), what in the world causes the "4-week" delay with Graf's? It's not as if they have a bazillion items "in stock" to begin with to consume their time processing and shipping orders.

:confused: :shrug:

I have no idea, it drives me crazy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom