• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • As I said, calm down.

If you feel that strongly about Midway's service or lack of, contact Larry Potterfield larrypotterfield@midwayusa.com. From personal experience, he will reply. He's the big cheese. Long time customers like many of us can assure you they are a first class dealer.

Rather than rant...try to resolve.

+1. I've always had good luck with Midway, their people seem very service oriented.

HT4

Dum spiro spero.
    Jan 24, 2012
    Bethesda
    That's very disappointing to see.

Over the years, I have probably placed over two dozen orders from midway usa for parts and specialized tools... the experience has always been flawless. VERY fast and accurate shipping is the rule, and that is something very important to me.

I have only had one return for a defective set of pistol sights, and it went flawlessly.

They are one of my favorite online retailers to deal with. I hope they make this right and you give them another chance.

Maverick0313

Retired and loving it
    Jul 16, 2009
    Bridgeville, DE
    I strongly urge you to CALL them, and get someone on the line with authority (you will have to ask), and then calmy explain what happened. Emails and notes are not effective. Good luck - I have never had a bad experience with Midway, and hopefully this isn't going to become a normal issue.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    When I called them they said send it back. That isn't the problem I have.

What blows my mind is that this has happened before. With this very same product. And they're apparently still letting things out the door in this condition.

Check it out, http://www.midwayusa.com/product/74...-1-2-cylinder-bore-with-bead-sight-steel-blue click on reviews, scroll to the bottom. None of those reviews are from me, btw.

It's not like someone easily missed this, those pictures I took were exactly how the bbl arrived, already open torn up packaging and all.

So while I may be venting, I'm not livid or enraged or beside myself with anger or anything. It's only a shotgun bbl, after all.

But fair warning to anyone looking into this bbl from midway.

Having worked in manufacturing and distribution most of my life I can tell you it can happen. BUT! Midway likely is not an operation with 50 whse workers. The guy on the floor should be more accountable. ( I will also bet they get coached on "not sitting" on the dinged up stuff. ) You are not mad that it happened to you so much, as that it has happened *several times* already, and now you have to deal with it. Call the head guy, tell him you need this made "right" with no damage to you, *and*, that this should not continue. Ask for confirmation that the bbl was *intercepted* and removed from "new inventory". When you return it, wrap the package in blue painters tape with "used - not new" written all over it. Also tell him, that several of your MD Shooter forum members anxiously await the outcome before ordering any more from them. I was *about* to order some Kel Tec stuff for my sub 2K. So no lie. I hate when stuff like this happens to me. It has in the past, and it burns my bridge too... I have a saying on my desk at work - "Give a damn". Because I wouldn't want it to happen to the next guy either.

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Having worked in manufacturing and distribution most of my life I can tell you it can happen. BUT! Midway likely is not an operation with 50 whse workers. The guy on the floor should be more accountable. ( I will also bet they get coached on "not sitting" on the dinged up stuff. ) You are not mad that it happened to you so much, as that it has happened *several times* already, and now you have to deal with it. Call the head guy, tell him you need this made "right" with no damage to you, *and*, that this should not continue. Ask for confirmation that the bbl was *intercepted* and removed from "new inventory". When you return it, wrap the package in blue painters tape with "used - not new" written all over it. Also tell him, that several of your MD Shooter forum members anxiously await the outcome before ordering any more from them. I was *about* to order some Kel Tec stuff for my sub 2K. So no lie. I hate when stuff like this happens to me. It has in the past, and it burns my bridge too... I have a saying on my desk at work - "Give a damn". Because I wouldn't want it to happen to the next guy either.

Thank you, my point exactly.

I work in management in a highly customer service oriented industry, and I ALWAYS hear about it as soon as someone makes a mistake, my customers are extremely vocal. Maybe it's just the level of accountability I'm used to, but if something like this apparently recurring incident happened in my industry, I know there would be hell to pay.

So you're right, I'm not so angry that this happened to me, mostly just that I apparently have to deal with it so it doesn't happen to the next guy.

Glockman

Jun 20, 2011
    Even a good company could hire a bad worker with no concern for quality or customer service. I'm sure midway will be happy to right this. It still sucks though.

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    In my experience mistakes do happen. We are all human, right? The real test is in how the mistakes are handled. Midway has a reputation to uphold... Once you contact them, keep us updated here.

NHaze

Mar 15, 2011
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Barrel is on it's way back. Should be a few days before I hear anything. I may email Mr. Potterfield this afternoon to apprise him of the situation, since this IS a recurring issue midway is having. Hopefully he'll be happy for the feedback if nothing else.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Someone once said, "Good customer service is not what you can offer when everything is fine but how you respond when things go wrong."

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Barrel is on it's way back. Should be a few days before I hear anything. I may email Mr. Potterfield this afternoon to apprise him of the situation, since this IS a recurring issue midway is having. Hopefully he'll be happy for the feedback if nothing else.

I want to keep this thread alive, and hear what happened. If Midway doesn't make this right I am not shopping there.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I want to keep this thread alive, and hear what happened. If Midway doesn't make this right I am not shopping there.

Judging a distributor that has a long and outstandingly terrific reputation (20+ years for many of us) over one particular order that wasn't right would be very short-sighted, wouldn't it?

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Never found them particularly cheap but everything I have ever ordered has been impeccably packaged and shipped (cant say the same from Cabelas).

My usual grip with them is just a matter of inventory, they never have what I wnat.

Their shipment of Mecgar P08 mags keeps getting backlogged further and furhter.

virtus

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2010
    Judging a distributor that has a long and outstandingly terrific reputation (20+ years for many of us) over one particular order that wasn't right would be very short-sighted, wouldn't it?

Not when the issue is so cut and dry. Clearly this was their mistake, which is fine as long as they make it right. If they don't make a customer happy in this type of situation I would be done with them too.

That being said, I have no doubt they will take care of you, OP :thumbsup:

MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    I've had a relatively good experience with them. I seem to order almost monthly. In 3 or 4 years I have had two orders missing an item. They always sent a replacement and were good about it.

Their shipping department may have some issues but I've never found their CS lacking.

I have slowed down quite a bit with midway in the last couple of months. Joebob is carrying more of the stuff I need and whatever he doesn't carry I'll buy from midsouth. The folks at midsouth are very nice folks as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom