• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    K-var's new line. Not made in the USA, but in fairness, neither are Springers, and they hold up fine. ;)

Anyone know anything more than what's on the site?

Link

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Price is too high ive seen a few references to them and they are usually close to RIA prices plus 100 or so. 800 plus seems very high but seen a few decent reviews

Check out 1911forums I believe thats where I saw them before.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I've heard good things about them, at least their fit and finish. My friends who have them or have used them say it's better than Rock Islands.

BTW, Springfields are made in the US on IMBEL forgings. I believe the lower end ones used to be completely imported from Brazil, but now it's forgings only.

Watdahec

Flipside
    Oct 31, 2012
    Glen burnie
    First 1911 i've bought a few years back when they were retailing at under $600. Put about a few thousand rounds through it and still counting, only thing and if anything the trigger needs a little improving compared to a higher dollar 1911's. For the price they are selling it nowadays id go for an sr1911 or a remington r1 enhanced which im a proud parent of.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Chad likes these and would recommend them. I almost bought one but fell for my Sig. He told me all kinds of good things about them over the ria, but I've long forgotten.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Btw buds has a few for the 500 range. Im looking at the classic commander right now.

Wish they had one in 9mm. If I buy another 1911 I would like to get a 9.

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    I got one a year ago for $430 online. Only thing I did was upgrade the trigger and it was just as nice as a Springfield 1911.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Somewhat off topic, buy why do the mostly cheaper 1911s often have giant billboards engraved on the slide? That "American Classic" monster kills it for me. RIAs are in the same camp. :( I like discreet. Colt is guilty of this on some models too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom