Memorial Day, how is everyone showing thanks?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    I plan on driving to see my grandparents' graves, both of whom served in WWII. Then I'm going to see my dad who served in Vietnam, thank him and talk about his days in the army; and try to convince him to go to the range and shoot a couple rounds with me :)

How about others?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    The girls and I went to the range, where it was empty and we had the place to ourselves. Would have gone yesterday, but it was raining here. On the way home, we stopped at the National Cemetery in New Bern to pay our respects.

292588_10151782679170585_691460584_24761154_1315930791_n.jpg

181824_10151782660410585_917347517_n.jpg

401643_10151782657270585_691460584_24760983_1484349908_n.jpg

577083_10151782619270585_691460584_24760712_445263582_n.jpg

The pic of my wife and daughter was not staged. I took the picture on the sly. My daughter was choked up and needed comfort.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Oldest son and his fiancee (and her daughter) went to Crownsville Vet. Cemetery yesterday (they're both former Navy), and paid their respects.

Wife and I would have gone with, but we just have a ton to do. As Navy parents, we fully appreciate the day.

Wife's dad was Army Air Corps near the end of WWII. My stepfather was USAF. My grandfather was Navy. Former FIL, Navy.

Yeah... we take time out, and will observe at 3PM today.

Thanks are never enough for those who put it all out there, for all of us.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I made the suggestion that we do a flag raising ceremony at the AGC on Memorial day before the start of shooting. Lots of vets use this range so I am sure we would have no problem getting an Honor Guard. The young marines and/or boy scouts could get involved. Local VFW or American Legion too.
    I rarely visit cemeterys having seen far too many funerals when I was young.
    God bless our troops!

sandeman

Jun 19, 2008
    Pasadena
    I am flying my flag all weekend.Although,I can not bring all the fallen home.I am grateful to each of them.If need be I would join their ranks.

ASM80

Mar 10, 2012
    Hereford, MD
    I called all of my friends that serve and thanked them. They are a great bunch and I cant wait for them to get home.
    Then, the wife and I went to Freestate and tried out a few 9mm's and continued breaking in Charlene (My AR15)
    All in all a great day.

derwingnut

Dec 16, 2011
    Essex
    Goin to work to fix things that make insurgents lives miserable :party29: Was going to visit the wall to talk to pop pop but realized DC would be a bit of a pain today.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    Flew the Flag this weekend and was disappointed in the number of flags in my neighborhood.
    Gazed at the Bronze Star, Purple Heart with Oak Leaf Cluster and the flag that was drapped over my Father's coffin (WWII) and remembered him.
    And thought about my buds who did not come back from Vietnam. Called one who did.

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    After some quiet time in prayer I did the best thing I could do spent time with my four year old and his single shot 22 and some cb shorts.

never forget!

indiana cletus

Slayer of squirrels
    Apr 26, 2011
    pikesville md
    As a boyscouts scout master, my troop and i participate every year in the We Remember ceremony, a boyscouts tradition with a ceremony honoring veterans and those no longer here. We also plant the flags on the graves at military cemetaries, ours is at baltimore national cemetary, but boyscout troops cover all the military cemetaries. I also spent last meeting explaining to my group, mostly special needs kids, the importance of memorial day, what it actually means, and how important it is that we recognize those who have served. Today, i prayed for those fallen and those still serving, flew the flag, and was disgusted by the lack of interest and recognition of society toward this holiday, my neighborhood specifially.

defygravity

May 5, 2012
    Baltimore County
    What a meaningful thread! Thank you everyone for sharing...it's amazing how different, yet similar all of us chose to spend this holiday.

I was hoping that the meaning behind it wasn't lost....at least among this group, it hasn't!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom