• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave M

Jan 27, 2013
    Pa.
    Are the billet upper and lower sets worth the $$$$? They look good on there web site.

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Yes! If perfection is your thing, then absolutely. I love mine, I have my upper built but I need my damn lower. Then well see about some cerakote.

I got mine for $430 for the set (including charging handle). They pop up in stock every so often, so don't get raped on gb or anything...

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    Are the billet upper and lower sets worth the $$$$? They look good on there web site.

It really comes down to "if you want it then it's worth it". Functionally there's no need for one over a well made $90 forged lower. Functionality isn't why most people buy billet though.

ColonelHurtz

A pile of little arms.
    Nov 13, 2008
    I have two Mega forged lowers.
    They are perfection.

Mega's billet stuff is beyond reproach.

mtel

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2012
    Virginia
    I guess should have put a disclaimer in there. I have two Mega forged lowers and I'm picking up their ambi billet set just because (once I find one). Fit, finish, machining and details on their forged and billet stuff is outstanding.

I was trying my best to be objective. :thumbsup:

Dave M

Jan 27, 2013
    Pa.
    Thanks appreciate everybody's input. I at least hope to pickup another lower before Oct.

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    There is no perfection. LaRue makes a helluva rifle, so does LWRC, Knights Armament, Daniel Defense, Wilson Combat, and a few others. :-) PERFECTION ....well.....her name was Sandy, and I should have never tried to do her AND her sister.....:-)

mazinger

Feb 11, 2013
    Columbia
    mega billet is what every ar enthusiast should want. even their forged ones are so damn consistent in quality. i just had to buy another set yesterday.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Hell yes they're worth it. I have a mega upper and lower, and they are utterly flawless. I don't think any other company approaches their level of aesthetic and cosmetic perfection. Perfect machining, finishing, and anodizing.

As for function, they work just the same as any other AR receiver set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom