Meet Jack Meckley for Sheriff of Harford Co.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Meet Jack Meckley
    Spring Expo at the Harford Mall
    April 16th and 17th
    9:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

ATTN: Harford County Residents

If you're wondering about Republican Candidates for Sheriff of Harford County, here's a chance to meet Jack Meckley. I had a great conversation with him today and he's pro-gun. He enjoys the shooting sport and encourages the sport. Here's your chance to meet him and talk with him personally.

I will be volunteering on Fri @ 6p-9:30p, stop by and say hello to both of us. Hope to see you there....FPS

jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    You can answer in PM if you'd like. Isn't this usually really looked down upon and can lead to the loss of your job? I've heard stories of people being pushed out after not voting for their current sheriff, let alone campaigning for the opposition. Just wondering, and this new guy sounds like a winner to me but I know nothing about the current guy either.

BondJamesBond

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 2, 2009
    We have much bigger problems in Harford County than 2A, like what is the Sheriff going to do about the gangs and the illegals? Jesse Bane is the only 'Democrat' I have ever voted for, because he is a good LEO who has dedicated his career to Harford County. I still don't understand why Sheriff candidates run under a political party banner anyway.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    You can answer in PM if you'd like. Isn't this usually really looked down upon and can lead to the loss of your job? I've heard stories of people being pushed out after not voting for their current sheriff, let alone campaigning for the opposition. Just wondering, and this new guy sounds like a winner to me but I know nothing about the current guy either.

THere are 2 types of Sheriff's Offices in the state "at will" and "just cause" employment. "At will" is where you work at the will of the sheriff....you cna get fired for ANY reason. "Just cause" is like any other government job where there has to be good reason for termination. That was the 1st question I asked when I had my application mailed to me.

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    We have much bigger problems in Harford County than 2A, like what is the Sheriff going to do about the gangs and the illegals? Jesse Bane is the only 'Democrat' I have ever voted for, because he is a good LEO who has dedicated his career to Harford County. I still don't understand why Sheriff candidates run under a political party banner anyway.[/QUOTE]

VERY GOOD POINT!!! I'm a registered Republican so I'm doing what I can for the primary. Bane was the 1st Dem I voted for 4 years ago. In the General Election, I'll vote for the BEST person to do the job.

terryhimself

Oct 19, 2008
    Bel Air
    I was at the Mall from about 7:00p.m. till 8:30. I saw all the other contenders for sheriff but I could not find your man. Where were you set up?

jdougal08

Jan 25, 2008
    THere are 2 types of Sheriff's Offices in the state "at will" and "just cause" employment. "At will" is where you work at the will of the sheriff....you cna get fired for ANY reason. "Just cause" is like any other government job where there has to be good reason for termination. That was the 1st question I asked when I had my application mailed to me.

That makes perfect sense. I guess I was just under the impression that all Sheriffs were at will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom