• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquashooter

Apr 17, 2013
    Monkey Co
    When I go into Engage, Brutus will actually start crying if I don't immediately give him his ration of Snausages. I do make him work for them by going a series of commands.

shocka04

Jan 17, 2012
    Calvert County
    Great article.

Have a question though. It said that dealers can't sell guns out of their houses but I've been to a few FFL's who are operating out of their houses. Is that a misunderstanding from the writer?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Great article.

Have a question though. It said that dealers can't sell guns out of their houses but I've been to a few FFL's who are operating out of their houses. Is that a misunderstanding from the writer?

no, there have been a lot of threads mentioning that and how it is mostly illegal.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Sorry its actually a very well done,nearly brilliant piece of propaganda.

Consider this alone
    Armament in Rockville defies stereotypes. He’s a pro-gun rights gun dealer who briefly became a liberal hero after announcing plans last April to sell a so-called “smart gun” with computer technology that allows it to be fired only by its owner.

A Washington Post story about his sales plan went viral and led to a backlash, including death threats, and criticism from the National Rifle Association and an MSNBC segment with Chris Hayes.

When to say defy steroptypes you reinforce them. As in "your one of the good ones..'

To eepeat the trope that smart guns exist or that they can only be fired by thier owner without any discussion of the fact they do neither. The unattributed death threats in such close proximity to NRA,in fact part of the same sentence, is at best a slur on the NRA.

The bottom line is He's one of the good ones because he defies the NRA and is wiling to help bring magic technology that will save children,.

This is how modern propaganda works.. creating false or misleading associations in folks minds, while sounding neutral.. its why it works so well..

Orwell is to overt...

I don't know about you but every gun owner I know defies stereotypes..maybe the stereotype is wrong and should be dispensed with instead of reinforced..

And the NRA tends to recieve death threats not make them

Smart guns do not prevent misuse. Its just another Saftey that can and will be defeated. And there are not even in play for close contact.

Now none of this is a critism of Andy.. not hardly..but we need to see the snake in the grass,

There is much more like this in the article ...

Last edited:

sonicnofadz

Jul 24, 2012
    Perry Hall, MD
    It is definitely written from a leftist liberal perspective, and can be considered propaganda... (look at the magazine it is published in for Christ's sake) but it still lets liberals see that "gun people" are not all raving violent lunatics. Might drum up some more business, all the better!

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    It is definitely written from a leftist liberal perspective, and can be considered propaganda... (look at the magazine it is published in for Christ's sake) but it still lets liberals see that "gun people" are not all raving violent lunatics. Might drum up some more business, all the better!

The article definitely reminded me that I need to stop by more often. It has been a while and far to long. Hopefully I can find a little time to drop by soon.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    It's nice to see publicity for someone who works so hard, not just in the shop, but remember Andy's efforts in Annapolis to battle SB281. Hope it creates more sales for you!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I think the article does show some anti bias, if not just naiveté in the way the author depicted the Armatix episode. I also question the layout and editing towards the end where Andy talks about some of the unfortunate things that customers of his hardware did. It's as if the writer just had to end on a sour note.

Other than that, there is some good in there too. How many gun shop owners get the benefit of having a mostly positive expose written on them?

jasonk1229

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2013
    MD
    I still fail to see the logic in the backlash gun stores sell guns. Keep riding the PR wave the media loves character like yours Andy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom