• ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Tonight in Southern Maryland
    6:30pm Meet All 3 GOP Candidates for Governor
    Thu, November 7, 6:30pm – 9:00pm

The Southern MD GOP Central Committees invite you to meet, hear, and question the three declared Republican Candidates for Governor – David Craig, Ron George, and Charles Lollar – Nov. 7, 6:30pm, at Lenny's Restaurant, Three Notch Road, California.
    The $10 admission (at door or by Paypal) includes light refreshments and cash bar. For details or reservations, go to www.smcrep.org or call 240-925-1278 (St. Mary's), 301-893-0146 (Charles), or 410-586-2975 (Calvert).

toddtrain

Sep 19, 2012
    Carroll County MD
    Look if we learned anything from Virginia we need to get someone a little closer to the middle. We cannot have a bunch of Tea Party banter because they seem to be under alot of scrutiny. I think the reason the Rep. lost the Governor run in Virginia was because of the proposed Lt. Gov.

nutz

Closer to 5's than 10's
    Jun 29, 2011
    Near Indian Head, Md.
    Look if we learned anything from Virginia we need to get someone a little closer to the middle. We cannot have a bunch of Tea Party banter because they seem to be under alot of scrutiny. I think the reason the Rep. lost the Governor run in Virginia was because of the proposed Lt. Gov.

uh huh, so your choice would be??

Jambone

Sep 15, 2013
    Southern Maryland
    It would be fantastic if one of these guys could make a run, I'm very skeptical that a Republican has a chance in Maryland. I'm all in to get some like-minded leadership in Annapolis but I'm not holding my breath.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    WTF?! Seriously, the only way you can differentiate the candidates is by skin color? How about the Marine reservist or candidate Lollar or just Lollar?

The black guy? really?
    I am still voting for him no matter what you say!

a42.jpg

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    WTF?! Seriously, the only way you can differentiate the candidates is by skin color? How about the Marine reservist or candidate Lollar or just Lollar?

The black guy? really?

That alone may help win the PG County vote which could sway the election towards the Rep. side

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I didn't see Larry Hogan from Change Maryland mentioned. I heard he was running also. Though, he may not have filed yet.

These type of events are a great opportunity to get some face to face time with them.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Some notice about this event would have been nice. Not bashing the OP, but this is why we can't get are asses in gear. Too damn disorganized.

JoshN

Jan 23, 2013
    Maryland until I escape
    I am still voting for him no matter what you say!

a42.jpg

Who said don't vote for him? He's who I plan to vote for. Just in shock that that is the only way you could figure out how to mention him. Butthurt? All I see is a well qualified veteran; but I'm not a knuckle dragger. It is 2013 right? Just checking.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    WHO..?

Very little name recognition..?

DUH, I wonder how these names will play in Baltimore City, PG County or Montgomery County..?

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    Well don't worry about then! If you didn't read the other thread were this was addressed then you don't get it. Good thing I didn't crack a flub on the lesbo. You could have let me haver it for being a double bigit.
    Who said don't vote for him? He's who I plan to vote for. Just in shock that that is the only way you could figure out how to mention him. Butthurt? All I see is a well qualified veteran; but I'm not a knuckle dragger. It is 2013 right? Just checking.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Back to real conversation...

I have spoken with all of them, at various times, and like all of them personally, to some degree.

All are good friends of 2A, so take that off the table.

I'm still feeling out their other positions, but let me give you some personal observations (whatever that's worth).

Ron George left me feeling like I was sitting with an insider, and not in a good way. I honestly felt like I needed to go wash the smarm off. Personable enough, but there always seems to have to be something in it for him.

David Craig and Jeannie Haddaway have both been very kind and generous with their time/accessibility, and seem to truly be in it to appeal to the broader population. Fire? Not their strong suit, but I find them to be sincere and forthcoming. I fear they will be eaten alive by the establishment.

Charles Lollar is very interesting. A firebrand when needed, and a true shake-your-hand-look-you-in-the-eye gentleman at all times. He's a Patriot (not saying the others aren't but he exudes love for the state and country without wearing it on his sleeve), and I appreciate that. His word will be his bond, of that I'm certain.

AFAIK, all are MSI members. Not to pander, but because they believe.

britishjohnhall

Charles Lollar is definitely one to watch. He's a member of our church, and was our guest speaker at our last mens retreat. He speaks with purpose and has a resume to back up his leadership capabilities.
    I think he would be the most effective of all the candidates if he is elected. Everyone who runs for office has great plans for how to run their state, county, etc. What makes for an effective governor is their ability to LEAD, to get people on board with their plans, motivate them, then lead them in the execution of said plans.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    It would be interesting to see how a well funded Lollar would play in PG and Baltimore City especially if Gansler is the Democrat nominee.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    It would be interesting to see how a well funded Lollar would play in PG and Baltimore City especially if Gansler is the Democrat nominee.

Barring Brown's death or incarceration, that's not happening.

With any luck, though, DINO power can get Mizeur the nomination, and then there won't be an issue.

Yeah, long shot I know... but it's the surest way to get a conservative of any flavor in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom