• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Has anyone ever tried this with a Glock? (They also make them for 1911s.) I came across and an in Handgunner and I'm curious. There's just not enough rail space on a standard Glock.

http://mechtechsys.com/index.php

Attachments

• GlockCCU_full.jpg
      GlockCCU_full.jpg
      11.1 KB · Views: 2,961

Samuel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 12, 2012
    Because it has a stock I believe this makes your pistol an NFA item. Research carefully.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work as well as an HP995 or other pistol caliber carbine.

The only issue here is price. I can buy a decent carbine for a few hundred bucks and still keep my Glock 19 in my holster as a back up.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    There was a legal issue with turning it back into a pistol. Much like AR pistols have to be built on recievers that have NEVER been assembled as a rifle. I believe there has been an ATF ruling making it legal to switch a pistol into a rifle such as this is and back to it's original form as a pistol but I believe there are still issues with converting rifles to pistols period.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work as well as an HP995 or other pistol caliber carbine.

The only issue here is price. I can buy a decent carbine for a few hundred bucks and still keep my Glock 19 in my holster as a back up.

I am interested in the idea of converting my Glock 20 into a 10mm carbine. Heck, with the right ammo I might even be able to turn it into a lightweight deer rifle for short range hunts.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The barrel should be threaded from the factory. Why would I want this and NOT run a suppressor on it?

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    I got to use one of these at a match once. I only got to use it for a few rounds but it seemed really nice. At the end of the day they said it fired over 1500 rounds without a malfunction using AE 115gr. and then they gave it away as a door prise.

Kiwiknoll

Jan 16, 2015
    Clarksville md
    I am looking at the same manufacturer but with collapsible stock. Collapsed is 25 7/16" extended is over 31". So my questionis, is it an sbr(<26")? Is it maryland compliant? (>29").

There is an option to add a flash suppressor from the factory to add an inch but that only changes half of the equation...
    http://mechtechsys.com/specs/

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    I am looking at the same manufacturer but with collapsible stock. Collapsed is 25 7/16" extended is over 31". So my questionis, is it an sbr(<26")? Is it maryland compliant? (>29").

There is an option to add a flash suppressor from the factory to add an inch but that only changes half of the equation...
    http://mechtechsys.com/specs/

ATF regulations for measuring OAL (which MSP copies/defers to) indicate to measure OAL with the stock fully extended.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Because it has a stock I believe this makes your pistol an NFA item. Research carefully.
    Sorry... NO.
    16 inch barrel is not an SBR.
    There was a legal issue with turning it back into a pistol. Much like AR pistols have to be built on recievers that have NEVER been assembled as a rifle. I believe there has been an ATF ruling making it legal to switch a pistol into a rifle such as this is and back to it's original form as a pistol but I believe there are still issues with converting rifles to pistols period.
    Again... Sorry... NO.
    http://mechtechsys.com/frequently-asked-questions/

I believe road dawg has one of these. I hope he chimes in. I had never heard of it until he mentioned it.

Yes I do (since 2008)... And it is the same as any other upper... Cash and Carry. No NFA ... and no conversion issues with BATFE.

If one were to place one in their vehicle for emergency use... It is NOT a fire arm until the lower is attached. Attachment takes seconds to accomplish...

Yes it is available for various size Glock, XD, and 1911 lowers.
    http://mechtechsys.com

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    The barrel should be threaded from the factory. Why would I want this and NOT run a suppressor on it?

I was interested and contacted them about the threading question. Was told they couldn't do it but could send it out to be done for a cost and added time.

I lost a good bit of faith in them if they couldn't thread things in house and so moved on to other options.

Makes some sense in 10mm I guess since there are less 10mm options out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom