• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    I think Mec Gar makes factory magazines for Kimber, Springfield, and a few others -there just restamped, or renamed.

If that is the case, Ive had no issues with the one that came with my Kimber. I dont know if Mec Gar makes the Kimber Pro Tac, either. Ive had good luck with my Pro Tac, but the spring in the 8 rounder is a little stiff at first. I kept my magazine fully loaded at home, and ran the dog snot out it at the range. Its loosened up, and has worked perfect!

Dec 6, 2011
    In the old days, they were one company. When Mr Racheli died, his sons split the business into MecGar "the original" and ACT (PSI Importing). That's why they are so similar and the companies don't go after each other. The quality is very good. The finish on some of the mags is so smooth, you'd swear it was black glass.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    While I'd don't know who made them, I can't complain about my Springfield factory 7rd mags. They been flawless so far.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Wow I'm surprised to hear so many good things I had a 8 and 10 rd that refused to work in my SA in fact they more than once lodged themselves in the mag well due to the side of the mag bulging.

I promptly threw them in the garbage bought 4 Wilson combat mags and never looked back. If this is a possible defense gun never EVER skimp on the mags.

CMc also makes nice mags but I preferred the WC

JMHO

Thanks for all the feedback. I want to order a couple more M-G Hi-Power mags from Midway, and think I'll order a couple of their 1911 mags along with them and give them a try. If that doesn't work out, McC or WC. Right now I've got old Springfields and newer Kimbers -the Springfields are fine, but I haven't been able to find more, and the Kimbers have been spotty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom