MDS Team Building. Intro to Pistol AND Rifle with Ninja. July 27&28 Clear Run, NC.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    This past pistol class with everyone was such a great time. Knowing everyone at the range like this took me and Miguel (Miguel and I?) back to our job and the people we trained with. We miss the teams for sure.
    I want to try to keep the momentum going with a road trip down to NC for a shooting weekend.
    Friday travel day, Saturday Intro to pistol, and Sunday Intro to rifle. Travel day back on Monday. Or pick either one. Maybe I can work out a small discount for both.

It's a nice facility down in Clear Run, NC. Only about a 7 hour drive where you don't have to use the wood line :)

Nothing like having a few adult beverages after classes with your mates to solidify the team. Had a few with Bob and Laura afterwards on Saturday. Good ending to a great day. I love seeing everyone shooting and learning.

So far Me, Miguel, the Mini Blaster and her BF are in. Teratos is checking his schedule also.

Let's do this!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This past pistol class with everyone was such a great time. Knowing everyone at the range like this took me and Miguel (Miguel and I?) back to our job and the people we trained with. We miss the teams for sure.
    I want to try to keep the momentum going with a road trip down to NC for a shooting weekend.
    Friday travel day, Saturday Intro to pistol, and Sunday Intro to rifle. Travel day back on Monday. Or pick either one. Maybe I can work out a small discount for both.

It's a nice facility down in Clear Run, NC. Only about a 7 hour drive where you don't have to use the wood line :)

Nothing like having a few adult beverages after classes with your mates to solidify the team. Had a few with Bob and Laura afterwards on Saturday. Good ending to a great day. I love seeing everyone shooting and learning.

So far Me, Miguel, the Mini Blaster and her BF are in. Teratos is checking his schedule also.

Let's do this!
    ...took Miguel and me...

TheEvilZX2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2011
    I'd love to make something like this.

EDIT. Just reread thread title and realized that's JULY and not this weekend. More amazingly I am free.

I'd love to join :)

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    It sounds fun as shit. But as stated in the other thread my wife is due first week of August so I won't be going anywhere.

That said I'm on the lookout for local stuff. I learned so much last weekend and I have a lot more to learn.

Damn, this isn’t too far from Southport NC. I think we’re heading down the following weekend. Hmm….
    I have done some killer wreck dives out of Southport.
    If you have women in your life from ~35yo to their early 50's Dawson's Creek was filmed in Southport and Wilmington. I was able to arrange to take my wife to Dawson Leery's house as a surprise.
    65196388_2506467032721716_4724019792837607424_n.jpg

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    I have done some killer wreck dives out of Southport.
    If you have women in your life from ~35yo to their early 50's Dawson's Creek was filmed in Southport and Wilmington. I was able to arrange to take my wife to Dawson Leery's house as a surprise.
    65196388_2506467032721716_4724019792837607424_n.jpg
    Very cool! We’re down there a couple weeks every year. Mom has a house down there and I love the area. Beach, fishing, clays, and great restaurants and golf courses :beer:

r3t1awr3yd

Meh.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 14, 2010
    Bowie, MD
    For people who made it through daddy and daddy fighting and are still curious about the outing, what else would be needed for the weekend? A rifle, a pistol, and 200rds of ammo for each? Holster? Battle belt? Plate carrier? NODs?

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    For people who made it through daddy and daddy fighting and are still curious about the outing, what else would be needed for the weekend? A rifle, a pistol, and 200rds of ammo for each? Holster? Battle belt? Plate carrier? NODs?
    Can't speak to the rifle course, but holster, mag carrier(s), 4 mags, and over 500 rds were useful to have on hand for last weekend's pistol class.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    More ammo, 400ish rounds to be safe. Holster, mag pouches. 3 or 4 magazines for each one.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Thinking about it, route goes right through a town I need to visit. Gets warm down there in July and I barely made it out of the last Naked Shoot I went to so ...

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    So for pistol, there really wasn't any drawing from holster drill. There was a woman who literally had some cheap ass leather holster on her grandfather's old leather belt wrapped around her coat. The pistol was literally just sitting in it.
    You would be fine with a paddle holster and a mag pouch. That's what I switched to about halfway when I just got tired of wearing my whole pistol rig.

For rifle you need a rifle and ammo.
    The only thing I would recommended would be a shooting mat and maybe some sort of shooting block to support your rifle when prone zeroing.
    Using a back pack or whatever kind of sucks sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JonWayneCampbell

Latest threads

Top Bottom