Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    A rifle will most certainly bring the cops

We are celebrating a hard won victory not antagonizing the legi critters

My .02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm interested. Can someone share the COMAR that allows this or at least doesn't disallow it? I'm not up on it as far as Marlyand say so or likelihood of being arrested for it despite our Constitution. I've never done an open carry of a loaded weapon as a civilian anywhere so I'm trying to figure out how to get comfortable with the idea. Have gun, will travel.

I'm often in favor of not doing open-carry just to antagonize or cause a scene but I support open carry. If it was common I would not mind it as much but lean toward concealed as preferred since I think it could draw the wrong kind of attention depending on the situation. I don't have that permit yet.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If your asking about long guns please don’t. However, there is AG opinion saying it’s legal

If you don’t have a permit, you cannot carry legally a handgun

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I'm interested. Can someone share the COMAR that allows this or at least doesn't disallow it? I'm not up on it as far as Marlyand say so or likelihood of being arrested for it despite our Constitution. I've never done an open carry of a loaded weapon as a civilian anywhere so I'm trying to figure out how to get comfortable with the idea. Have gun, will travel.

I'm often in favor of not doing open-carry just to antagonize or cause a scene but I support open carry. If it was common I would not mind it as much but lean toward concealed as preferred since I think it could draw the wrong kind of attention depending on the situation. I don't have that permit yet.
    Can't share something that doesn't exist and is therefore legal.

If you can't carry yet no worries, this is more comraderie while OCing than just OCing if that makes sense. A group of us used to always hit up a local food joint before the quarterly MSI meetings, this just continues the tradition post Coof.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Wish i could attend, family obligations keep me from the festivities. Everyone be well and enjoy. Also, a big Thank You and others for carrying the torch

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I could open carry an AR rifle, but with an 8/5 acceptance, it is highly unlikely that I will be able to open carry a handgun. :(

Bring it. Remember it can not be loaded in your vehicle. Have the mag loaded ready to go.

Sent from an undisclosed location.

brianns

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Montgomery County
    If your asking about long guns please don’t. However, there is AG opinion saying it’s legal

If you don’t have a permit, you cannot carry legally a handgun

Can't share something that doesn't exist and is therefore legal.

If you can't carry yet no worries, this is more comraderie while OCing than just OCing if that makes sense. A group of us used to always hit up a local food joint before the quarterly MSI meetings, this just continues the tradition post Coof.
    Thanks guys! Make sense.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Not as much as long guns.

We are celebrating the win in Bruen and the resulting change in MD.

But mostly the tradition of a meal before the MSI meeting

But if you want to revisit the OC of long guns as we did after the AG ruling, no one is stopping you

See you there

kenjeep

Mar 16, 2010
    Hampstead
    Stumble across a YouTube video yesterday kind of on this subject. It was Ken Hackathorn and Massad Ayoob discussing the terrible job the gun community has done selling ourselves to rest of the country. One of there gripes was people going to a town where open carry is legal and marching around the streets with an AR and waiting to be challenged by authorities or other citizens and making a video of it. Their point was 20% of the voting public is us the gun community, 20% hate and want to outlaw guns, leaving 60%+- that we need to get on our side. I think they said most people vote on emotions not facts or rights. In a state like Maryland where the vast majority of voters don't normally see folks open carrying I wonder if it helps or hurts our cause. Thier main point was that the rights we have can easily be taken away in the voting booth. After the way our rights have been shit on here in MD its easy to say its my right to open carry and I am going to do it But is that the best way to influence other voters?
    The video is on the Wilson combat channel from about a year ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom