• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I'm in.

I don't have a precision bolt gun yet though:( I've been trying to get a 6.5 RPR but still waiting (just like everyone else.) I've even already bought a bunch of 6.5 ammo...

The only other things I have that would go that distance are two AR10s. One is a Mega Maten w/a 24" Lilja heavy barrel and the other is a SIG 716DMR (test target is ~1MOA.) Nightforce optics on both. I've not even had the SIG out yet so would need to break it in beforehand. I have not handloaded for either so would just buy more 175gr FGGM. Farthest I've ever shot is 400yds at steel targets. Good enough? I have a LOT to learn.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I'm in.

I don't have a precision bolt gun yet though:( I've been trying to get a 6.5 RPR but still waiting (just like everyone else.) I've even already bought a bunch of 6.5 ammo...

The only other things I have that would go that distance are two AR10s. One is a Mega Maten w/a 24" Lilja heavy barrel and the other is a SIG 716DMR (test target is ~1MOA.) Nightforce optics on both. I've not even had the SIG out yet so would need to break it in beforehand. I have not handloaded for either so would just buy more 175gr FGGM. Farthest I've ever shot is 400yds at steel targets. Good enough? I have a LOT to learn.

The 6.5 is a good choice, but your Mega will do fine.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I am hoping to get a 6.8mm AR-15 with a 20" barrel done by then. Right now, I have a 3x9 Leupold Mark AR scope. How will that combo fare?

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I am hoping to get a 6.8mm AR-15 with a 20" barrel done by then. Right now, I have a 3x9 Leupold Mark AR scope. How will that combo fare?

You'll start running out of steam at about 600yds. A better option would be the 6.5 Grendel if you want to stick to an AR platform. I am building one for that reason. Of course, an AR10 would be the better option for those kind of distances, but she's a heavy pig. Another reason why I'm building a Grendel. Having said that, give it a go.

As far as the scope... I use a fixed x10 on one of my rifles and it does fine of to 1260 yds. Dont see why yours won't work to 1000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom