• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    Yeah that's the way to keep it exiting, nothing like those days when u can limit out and get in early, we have had the same luck in the past as well but this we have worked for it usually fishing til about 3 - 4 pm before calling it a day this year. I guess that's the difference in pros and the joes :)
    We each chip in $130 a person, which pays for the trip and a 20% tip. We all feel like we're not really fishing. The captain and the mate do all of the work. We real them in out of ceremony. Somehow, I think heading out on your own boat with your own gear is more challenging, and in the end more rewarding.

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    Chesapeake, do you run a charter?

Heading out late today, 2 PM on my friends boat. Going out of Sandy point and heading south. He has been limiting out as well every day within 2 hours

chesapeakeIRON

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2012
    Harford County
    No looking to get my captains license this fall though and try to do some charters ... once I do we can set up Mdshooters blast and cast charters lol. I run the boat down in breezy point For trophy season and fish out of ocean city during the summer... If I'm not buying guns I am buying Fuel haha

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    Do you charter Crunch?

Haha on the fuel. Nothing like shelling out 100 bucks to catch 20 dollars worth of fish!

I do not charter. Buddy has a 21 foot CC Trophy and we go out allot. Went out of Sandy Point around 2:30 today. Went 1/2 mile north of the bridge. Got 2 40" rock. Heard lots of people were skunked but 2 40's in the box is not bad.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks guys! We will be out all weekend again, but it's been pretty slow, by this time last year we were catching our limit with mostly fish that size... We will see what tommorow... Err today brings

Awesome! Where did u fish out of ? We have been getting out about three days a week and manage to pull in about 2 less the what we need (usually we get 4 to 6 guys out ) and that's after a full day of pulling 31 rods. But can't complain about even if we didn't catch any

This year has bee feast or famine for me and many others from what I've heard. We took two skunks this season after fishing hard, but I caught a 39-incher out solo on April 28th. I think that poachers and agricultural runoff have put a big dent in the fish stocks. I'm pulling 11 rods.

A 39-Incher Solo April 26th, 2013
    By 8:15, I was in 35 feet of water and was setting lines in a falling tide. At 8:49 am in 35 feet of water near the western side, a 39-inch female hit a 2-oz chartreuse single chute set back 100 feet. It took less than 4 minutes, but the big girl and several sea lice were soon lying on the deck of the vessel. The fish hit before the entire spread was out, and with my one-person limit, I pulled the rods and boards and had everything put away by 9:20 am

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    We got a 37 and 36 today out of Cheasapeake Beach in a 21' CC in the snot and a small craft advisory. That's why I ALWAYs bring my Helly Hansens -

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Took my 4yo nephew out on Friday for his first fishing trip, had 6 people on board, got 6 decent rock's on board in less than 4 hours. Wasn't expecting that to happen.

My nephew was a bit intimidated and amazed at how big the rock's were. Had 2 healthy ones, easily 30+. Just cooked them up tonight, great eating there.

Definitely going to be doing that again.

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    We got 2 40's on Sat. Went out of Sandy Point around 2:30 and trolled 1/2 mile north of the Bay Bridge. Both hit on Whites in about 45 feet. One deep rod and one off the boards.

Smoked a filet last night and it was incredible. Made fish tacos and they were off the hook!

Stealthbmbr

Mar 26, 2013
    We went out of the Severn River all 3 days of the Championship on the Chesapeake this weekend. We caught 6 fish Friday and released 3, 1 Saturday (released), 8 on Sunday and released 4.

Weighed 3 fish for the tournament

20.25 lbs 39.75 inches
    20.3 lbs 37 inches
    18 lbs 36 inches

15 fish for the weekend

doneyd67

May 12, 2010
    Howard County
    Went out fishing with some friends on their dads boat "Absolut Pleasure" at Solomons caught some descent size rockfish it was my daughters first time she had a blast i think it was on the 21st of April around 12pm

Attachments

• Zoe's catch(2).jpg
      Zoe's catch(2).jpg
      56.1 KB · Views: 189
    • RockFish.JPG
      RockFish.JPG
      77.9 KB · Views: 235

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    Smoked a filet last night and it was incredible.
    How long do you smoke 'em?
    What other spices, etc.
    Doing it tomorrow.
    I have a skin -on fillet.
    Thanx

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    gebesy3u.jpg
    How long do you smoke 'em?
    What other spices, etc.
    Doing it tomorrow.
    I have a skin -on fillet.
    Thanx

I removed the skin so the smoke could penetrate both sides. I have grilling pan I use. (Pic above) to keep the fish from sticking to the grates.

For seasoning I used paprika, old bay, and garlic powder. I kept the fish as far as I could away from the heat. Grill was at 200. Did a very heavy smoke with hickory wood I soaked in hot water. Filets were a little over an inch thick and I smoked them for 2 hours.

You could smoke longer if you want for more flavor but we were hungry. Trick is a low heat for a long time.

Anything hotter an the fish will just cook and not absorb the smoke.

Last edited:

Eddie Van

Dude
    Feb 4, 2011
    Hollywood Star Lanes
    Went out yesterday (Monday) off Lookout Pt.

Pretty rough, caught the one below (threw it back at 24") and the only other bite was a nice 41".
    Still had a good time though, a bad day fishin' is better than a good day at work! :)

Photo%20May%2006%2C%2011%2056%2005.jpg

ONECRUNCH

Apr 5, 2013
    Went out yesterday (Monday) off Lookout Pt.

Pretty rough, caught the one below (threw it back at 24") and the only other bite was a nice 41".
    Still had a good time though, a bad day fishin' is better than a good day at work! :)

Photo%20May%2006%2C%2011%2056%2005.jpg

Amen to that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom