• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • omegaZ87

Apr 26, 2013
    Maryland
    If I have to pick up my lowers and regulated rifles after oct 1st will I have to jump through any extra hoops? I heard handguns will require fingerprinting and some other things - will the same go for regulated rifles?

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Sent 8/5, received letter today.

SWEET! I received my green registered mail card 8\16 so if it comes this week or next week I'm maxing out the "card" on handguns on or before 9/30. Need a nice 22LR with suppressor, 9mm or two and a 40 or 45. Picked up my Five-seveN today. Only complaint I have on the Five-seveN is you can't change the sights to night sights. Guess I'm putting a green laser on it.

Publius

Mar 18, 2013
    Ellicott City
    SWEET! I received my green registered mail card 8\16 so if it comes this week or next week I'm maxing out the "card" on handguns on or before 9/30. Need a nice 22LR with suppressor, 9mm or two and a 40 or 45. Picked up my Five-seveN today. Only complaint I have on the Five-seveN is you can't change the sights to night sights. Guess I'm putting a green laser on it.

The only cutoff date for handguns is really 9/23 to avoid the Handgun Qualification License. But if you do not mind getting the HQL, you can keep buying handguns after 9/23. The big cutoff on 9/30 is the semi-auto rifles ban. Unless you are happy with the semi-auto rifles you own, I would definitely focus the credit card on those instead of handguns at this point. You will not be able to buy an AR-15 after 9/30 in Maryland for any price. It's freedom gone.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    The only cutoff date for handguns is really 9/23 to avoid the Handgun Qualification License. But if you do not mind getting the HQL, you can keep buying handguns after 9/23. The big cutoff on 9/30 is the semi-auto rifles ban. Unless you are happy with the semi-auto rifles you own, I would definitely focus the credit card on those instead of handguns at this point. You will not be able to buy an AR-15 after 9/30 in Maryland for any price. It's freedom gone.

My understanding was that with the DC you also wouldn't have to go through the seven day waiting period with handguns and would make them cash and carry just like the regulated rifles. Am I wrong on this?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    DC letters eliminate the 30 day waiting period between regulated purchases. You still have to wait 7 days after making a purchase to pick it up though. You can buy 5 handguns one day and pick them all up the next week. It also eases transport rules, allowing for "private exhibition".

Sent from my hacked mobile device of destiny.

sePtiKcOw

Jan 16, 2013
    catonsville
    i sent mine DC a month or so ago i wish it would come back before oct!!! i bought a gun back in march and JUST got the approval to get, cant get it yet because i picked up 2 firearms last month that i got early fml!! dont know what to do

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Unfortunately you are.

Thanks, I think. There's just so much different info floating around still not completely sure what is true or not. I guess now I have to pray my DC comes prior to this Saturday.

My other question, too many different answers so what's one more, the MSP has 30 days to say Ye or Nay on the DC, if not received back within those 30 days can I say I do in fact have a DC? Kind of like the 8 day release.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    i sent mine DC a month or so ago i wish it would come back before oct!!! i bought a gun back in march and JUST got the approval to get, cant get it yet because i picked up 2 firearms last month that i got early fml!! dont know what to do

i would call or email the state to see if you will be ok to purchase another since your letter is in process.

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    Aaaaahhhh! I want to pull my hair out. My Gmail had gone rogue and was not showing me returned responses. I emailed Ms. Thompson on 9/11 to check up on my DC, she responded the same day BUT I JUST RECEIVED THE RESPONSE! That is 5 WASTED days for me to respond back so she can look for it. She did say on 9/11 that she was up to apps received on 8/8/13.

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    I finally got my approval yesterday. It took long enough that I don't remember exactly when I sent it in, but I think it was mid-July, so we could estimate 8 or 9 weeks.

The irony is that it's a moot point now, anyway. I only sent it in because my FFL said that they would release to people with DC status, which was likely to happen before my ND. But then they decided to release all purchases after 8 days, and the odds of me having the available funds to buy more than one firearm in a month are pretty much non-existant.

Still nice to get the letter saying I'm approved, though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom