• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Good-sized doe in my mom's yard last Saturday at 3:00 in the afternoon. I buy corn for her to put out and she has a bunch of deer and squirrels that come up to get it. The deer usually come late in the evening or after dark. We were having a birthday party for her and about 10 of us were on the porch, talking and laughing, and the doe is so used to people being there she didn't even care.

View attachment 417985

Here is another pic of the same deer, but zoomed in so you can see her a little better. There is a doe that hangs around with three fawns and this may be her...I can see her udder is distended.

View attachment 417989

She ate corn for about 15 minutes before just wandering off. They drink from mom's fishpond almost every evening.

When I lived there as a kid, this was a farm. Deer were very uncommon and we would only see tracks across the fields about once a year. After the old folks died off, they developed the farm (the house in the background is a new neighbor) and now there are deer around all the time.
    What is in the pots in the first picture? Surprised that has not been mowed to the ground.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    What is in the pots in the first picture? Surprised that has not been mowed to the ground.
    The brown pot is a tomato. The first blue pot is Sedum. don't know what the other pot is, maybe a sweet pepper. The birds eat the sedum leaves, but the deer don't bother it.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Lovely little male horsefly on my car this afternoon.

1000004294.jpg
    1000004295.jpg

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Little sika doe down at Assateage this morning

Attachments

• 20230615_095617.jpg
      20230615_095617.jpg
      600.7 KB · Views: 53
    • 20230615_095644.jpg
      20230615_095644.jpg
      783.3 KB · Views: 57

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    My camera needs a talking-to... the really cool shots I thought I had never took :mad54:

But, my impromptu water feature is still making for some neat viewing...

Attachments

• DSCN0053.JPG
      DSCN0053.JPG
      363.4 KB · Views: 65
    • DSCN0055.JPG
      DSCN0055.JPG
      332 KB · Views: 54
    • DSCN0056.JPG
      DSCN0056.JPG
      337.6 KB · Views: 56
    • DSCN0058.JPG
      DSCN0058.JPG
      328.7 KB · Views: 57

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Since you're there, I'm invoking the "MDS Knows Everything" clause ;)

Are all the repairs to the boardwalks on the "Life of..." trails finished?
    Sorry Mr H but I don't have that answer for you. We were on a boardwalk trail that had repairs done to it but I have no idea if it was named

Roscoe1

MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2023
    E.Shore
    Yes folks that's me in 2000, being a dumbass with a Copperhead near Pocomoke MD. Too funny I thought the G-Shock would never die!
    IMG-3346.JPG

Roscoe1

MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2023
    E.Shore
    How long would you estimate its length to be? You’re braver than I my friend.
    The one I toyed with may have been 3'. However the one by itself was big, thick. In 20+years I've come across 5 Copperheads on the farm. I try to let nature do its thing and not kill them. I take a set of long trash pick up tongs and put them in a bucket. Relocate them a mile down the road on state hunting land. I named this spot copperhead trail! When the asscrackers from NJ come down here for deer season, I always tell them location is full of deer, lol

Roscoe1

MDS Supporter
    May 2, 2023
    E.Shore
    I look back, I was in the same category as the idiot putting his hands through the bars at the lion exhibit, lol

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Coming up on 3 years since I had to deal with this little bit of nature in the bedroom at 6AM. It was just under 3' IIRC.

View attachment 418565
    I'd have felt really bad knowing what 00 Buckshot was about to do to my floor and wall, but not as bad as I'd have felt about snake venom in my bloodstream...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom