• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    As warm as it's been in the afternoons, I'm surprised we're not seeing more snakes.

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    Made a loop through Brookside Gardens on my walk on Wednesday. The pond by the main entrance had 20 - 30 turtles basking on the logs. Several looked like they just crawled out of the mud with it all over their shell.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    As warm as it's been in the afternoons, I'm surprised we're not seeing more snakes.
    It's not been that warm here. The last of the snow finally melted with yesterday's rain. I was surprised to see this one out so soon. It looked like it just emerged. It was moving slow like it was just coming out of long bout of brumation.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Just now in the front yard, a Female Downy WP...

Also had a White Breasted Nuthatch with her, but the little blighter wouldn't stay still ;)

DSCN0090.JPG

Last edited:

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    Thanks for ID! Picture was taken near Q2 area of Blackwater in DorCo. The water level was rather high, all lower areas were covered.

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    This big dude was hanging around my backyard for a couple of weeks. It snagged the squirrel who used to run on top of the fence, tormenting my Lab.

Attachments

• IMG_20240219_090515714~2.jpg
      IMG_20240219_090515714~2.jpg
      258.2 KB · Views: 45

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    This big dude was hanging around my backyard for a couple of weeks. It snagged the squirrel who used to run on top of the fence, tormenting my Lab.
    We has one hanging out here as well. I haven't seen it since I found the patches of squirrel fur and tail in the yard. It looked to be an epic battle.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    A gorgeous (and aptly named) Red Shouldered Hawk.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    When I worked in Silver Spring, we had a Red Shouldered Hawk that lived nearby that used to hunt and roost around our building. He'd roost close to the windows sometimes, as they were mirrored and he thought he saw another hawk. Saw him take out a few rodents in my years there.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Came home to find that my migratory neighbors are in town for their annual visit. They'll stay for about a week.
    1000008222.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom