• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    The town liberals are going crazy about this and spreading tons of BS info to try and stop it from being approved. Bob King is another idiot council member. In another article I read, he said something along the often toted liberal line "I'm a gun owner as well" but he won't vote for it because he doesn't want guns around kids in the neighborhood.

The part that made me most angry, was the post Mr. Wasala made on Facebook about how somebody filed a false report with the ATF about him illegally dealing weapons and agents came to his house the day before Thanksgiving to investigate.

ashershapiro

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 11, 2014
    It's not even liberals. One Lady claims she voted for Trump but doesn't want a gun store in her neighborhood. It's just ignorance. These people never heard of a home ffl I guess.

Magnumst

Ultimate Member
    Mar 26, 2013
    I see this along the same line as a lot of other home based business's like selling Tupperware, cutlery or any other products that are legal in Maryland provided there isn't a negative impact on the neighbor hood such as blocking driveways or frequent large delivery trucks.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    There is a public hearing at Town Hall in Mount Airy Monday night at 7:00pm. If you live in town, it would be cool to attend. You know all of the antis will be there.

I didn't see in the article where they said he wanted a "by appointment only" type business.

Jim M

Lurker
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2008
    Monkton, MD
    He wasn't. Unfortunately, last night the idiots of the town council voted 4-0 with 1 abstention to NOT allow him go forward with his business.

It's being appealed, but I don't see much coming from it. The council failed to see any logic

In one of the articles I read on this topic, at least one Councilperson said, "I think it's a bad idea, but my mind is open." Which usually means, "There is no way in he!! this is going to happen." Shame that the Council had already decided before the meeting even took place.

I truly hope he runs his appeal, and then finds the willpower and ability to open his business in a nearby commercial area so he can follow his dream.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Hmmm, I don't know the specifics of his neighborhood but I do know of a gentleman that sell guns from his home in PG County, legally that is. I believe he was grandfathered in, but for many years this has been happening and I have never heard of an issue.

CMOS

One ragged donut hole
    Nov 13, 2009
    MoCo
    What if the guy was like "I want to open a dry cleaning business in my home. Because I'm just really into cleanliness and freshliness. Smelling great is my hobby."
    You would probably say I don't want the transient random traffic on my residential street. Who are these clean freaks coming round the neighborhood now.
    If I lived there, I'd vote against anything that was open to the public.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    It can be done from home with right zoning or zoning variances. I know as I have those and run business out of my home with all the needed permits and variances in place. No grandfathering either. I started process just over 2 years ago and it took me 7 months and one zoning variance hearing. I can't put up a sign, sell bulk ammunition, clients must park in my driveway. Focus of business must be gunsmithing. Not perfect, but it works for me and agree to most stipulations in desire to be a good neighbor.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom