• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    In theory, yes. However, most sites will reject your card if billing address is MD.

I wouldn't say MOST. Some would be the word I would use. I've been buying mags from all over the country and only had AIM tell me they couldn't sell to me because my billing address was in Maryland.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Personally, I do not order mags online from within MD. Just to be sure.

But my boss lives in WV, and we work in VA. So I ask him to order them, he brings them to work, I pay him, and bring them home. :)

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    If you don't have family out of state/they're anti-gun hippies (like mine :P), I recommend Sterling Arsenal Works in Sterling, VA as a last resort. You can ship magazines, etc. to them, and for a $20 flat fee, pick them up and bring them back to Maryland. It's a bit of a drive, but it works in a pinch; I used it to get my Dad a couple 25-round mags for his Marlin 795 last Christmas.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Personally, I do not order mags online from within MD. Just to be sure.

But my boss lives in WV, and we work in VA. So I ask him to order them, he brings them to work, I pay him, and bring them home. :)
    Me too. You guys can slice and dice where the "purchase" was made when your IP address traces back to Maryland, but I don't need to take that risk. It's easy enough to avoid.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Me too. You guys can slice and dice where the "purchase" was made when your IP address traces back to Maryland, but I don't need to take that risk. It's easy enough to avoid.

If you're not being charge MD Sales Tax on your purchase, that purchase was made outside the state of Maryland. Trust me, if the state went after anyone for anything, it would be for not collecting the sales and use tax the state demands.

There's no way an online purchase, from a company that doesn't have a business presence within the confines of the state of MD, could ever be construed as an in state purchase.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    I tried that on Midway and Brownells. Because my CC address was in MD they would not complete the transaction. I kind of gave up even trying it anywhere else. I had to ask a friend in PA to use their card and address and then pay them back. Kind of a pain but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Maybe if they take Paypal it would work?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I have purchasd lots of mags including drum mags on Midway using myt MD address CC. I have them shopped to a buddy who lives in Springfield VA.

Never a problem.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've bought from Midway, Brownells, Quantico, and Cabella's to name a few. All have had no issues shipping to my son's house in PA. I don't know why others seem to have issues with their mag purchases. Strange.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Only the police and military should have evil black high capacity military-style assault clips.

I only buy standard capacity mags.

Can someone define high capacity for me? If the firearm was designed to use a 30 round mag, isn't that a standard capacity mag?

I'm so confused...

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I tried that on Midway and Brownells. Because my CC address was in MD they would not complete the transaction. I kind of gave up even trying it anywhere else. I had to ask a friend in PA to use their card and address and then pay them back. Kind of a pain but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Maybe if they take Paypal it would work?

I've ordered from both of them, had them shipped to a friend in VA and never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom