• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I already have a couple of decent carry automatic but I would love to have a snubby revolver in 357 Magnum. Shrouded hammer but not DA only. Something small that can be easily concealed in a pocket like in a hoodie. I haven't purchased the handgun in Maryland since the hql went into effect and I don't own any revolvers currently. I'm going to have to do some research
    Just read somewhere today, if you have a ccw permit you don't need an hql. That is, if you don't have an hql.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I still have a couple of Glock 27's and Ruger LCP's from when I carried in PA a decade ago. Just before COVID hit I stumbled across this slightly used, original (not Remington-made) Rohrbaugh R9s, a 9mm that is just a hair larger than an LCP, so I can carry on my front pant's pocket, and picked it up in anticipation SCOTUS doing just what it did.

1657231811248.jpeg

Attachments

• 1657231691192.jpeg
      1657231691192.jpeg
      302.8 KB · Views: 60
    I still have a couple of Glock 27's and Ruger LCP's from when I carried in PA a decade ago. Just before COVID hit I stumbled across this slightly used, original (not Remington-made) Rohrbaugh R9s, a 9mm that is just a hair larger than an LCP, so I can carry on my front pant's pocket, and picked it up in anticipation SCOTUS doing just what it did.

View attachment 371946
    You know you will be relieved of your weapon if you ever have to use it right? Depending on what agency takes it will determine how long it takes to get it back......if ever....

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    You know you will be relieved of your weapon if you ever have to use it right? Depending on what agency takes it will determine how long it takes to get it back......if ever....
    If I use a gun in even what turns out to be a clearly justified defensive shooting, I still fully expect to lose it forever. That's what happens when you live in MoCo.

Glocks and LCPs (and Remington 870 in the home) are easy to replace with a few bucks, but losing the Rohrbaugh would sting due to the scarcity factor more than the dollars. Hell, the mags for the thing go for $100 each! On some other gun boards (folks here are generally much smarter than those on other boards) I occasionally read a post from someone who carries his grandad's WWII 1911. Doing that is nuts!

If I use a gun in even what turns out to be a clearly justified defensive shooting, I still fully expect to lose it forever. That's what happens when you live in MoCo.

Glocks and LCPs (and Remington 870 in the home) are easy to replace with a few bucks, but losing the Rohrbaugh would sting due to the scarcity factor more than the dollars. Hell, the mags for the thing go for $100 each! On some other gun boards (folks here are generally much smarter than those on other boards) I occasionally read a post from someone who carries his grandad's WWII 1911. Doing that is nuts!

Yeah that's what I was getting at.. I personally wouldn't carry anything I would miss.. Glocks and Sigs for the most part are easily and relatively inexpensive to replace..

PYR

Feb 17, 2018
    SASXL, 13rds, black point holster. I’m not sure why there is so much hate on the sight system but then again the same happen when red dots first started landing on handguns.

Attachments

• 4924E642-16D7-45C6-86A2-88BFD3A7A517.jpeg
      4924E642-16D7-45C6-86A2-88BFD3A7A517.jpeg
      392.6 KB · Views: 73

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    No love for the Shields? Come on!
    TD
    Picked up an optic ready Shield Plus a few months ago. I also have a G43 and a 640 j frame for compact carry options but the Shield+ will probably be the go to.
    55899F28-2C04-4A16-A288-D93CD89F1ACC.jpeg

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    SASXL, 13rds, black point holster. I’m not sure why there is so much hate on the sight system but then again the same happen when red dots first started landing on handguns.
    I have the standard size 365 sas and it’s my favorite carry. It probably gets hate over the sight that is useless without ambient light. Because of that it may not continue to be my favorite but at a few yards I’m efficient with point shooting and in MD I think my target would have to be somewhat close anyway. Always looking at new and different options though

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Anyone recommend a 45 carry gun? My favorite is my 45 colt with 8" barrel, but That is not going to carry well. I always thought og getting a 1911, but might be a bit big.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Anyone recommend a 45 carry gun? My favorite is my 45 colt with 8" barrel, but That is not going to carry well. I always thought og getting a 1911, but might be a bit big.
    Depends on your wardrobe, it can be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom