• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NBF

Jun 26, 2010
    SOMD
    Does anyone have any experience of carrying their concealed weapon in VA as VA recognizes MD handgun permits? As you know, in July 2016 VA recognized MD and several other states carry permits. I've yet to carry concealed in VA, but recall having to stop at the "border" and disarm every time I needed to visit VA after working a job.

NBF

Jun 26, 2010
    SOMD
    Yes sir, have seen that. Just looking to hear from others that have taken advantage of VA's new law as I don't believe I've read any posts on this topic on this board.. Appreciate it.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Stay away from schools if possible. The GFSZA requires a permit from the state the school is in.Not much chance of prosecution though.

Attachments

• GFSZA.pdf
      933.2 KB · Views: 123

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Does anyone have any experience of carrying their concealed weapon in VA as VA recognizes MD handgun permits? As you know, in July 2016 VA recognized MD and several other states carry permits. I've yet to carry concealed in VA, but recall having to stop at the "border" and disarm every time I needed to visit VA after working a job.

Yes. I had an encounter with a VA Sheriff last month while I was armed. Handed him my MD permit, had no issues and he thanked me for disclosing. Carry on.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    My experience carrying in VA on my MD permit was exactly the same as before 1/7/16 when I carried in VA on a host of non res permits, uneventful.

Am I really fortunate (:innocent0) no one has asked me in 40 years if I'm carrying a gun?
    About 20 years ago my wife was stopped in VA for speeding and told me she was asked if she had a gun. The Glock sticker came off the car next day.

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    No issues here, nor do I expect to, as long as you are following the law, all should be good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom