• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lebigboss

Jan 1, 2022
    Lived in Florida the past 20 years. Just now hearing that all guns including C&R guns have to be registered MPS in the Stae of Maryland. Is this correct?

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    I didn’t register any of mine while I lived in MD. Yeah, I’m a scofflaw. :omg:

I knew I wasn‘t spending the rest of my life there, so I took a calculated risk. I guarantee (this is not a guarantee) that nothing bad will happen. This is not legal advice.

GuitarmanNick

Ultimate Member
    Jan 9, 2017
    Laurel
    Definitely, not legal advice here. Purely my opinion based upon a lifetime of observations and experience.

With the two tier justice system we now have in this country, the government actually circumventing many laws and partnering with big tech to get around privacy laws, the republic as we have known it, is dead. This is true at all levels of government in Marylandistan. The less they know about what you own, the safer you will be when they begin the confiscation process that we all know is their ultimate goal.

When only one side is expected to abide by laws and restrictions, that side must rise up in defiance! Those unwilling to defend a freedom, do not deserve it(paraphrasing an old patriotic quotation).

Last edited:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Well for its worth there’s a new pro gun republican now living in Maryland
    Bring in about 688,000 of your Republican friends and we'll have equity with the MD Dems.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Lived in Florida the past 20 years. Just now hearing that all guns including C&R guns have to be registered MPS in the Stae of Maryland. Is this correct?
    Certainly not all. Only handguns and banned rifles. Maybe sell C&R handguns to a FL C&R then buy them all back after you get here.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Might be useful to note that the actual list of regulated firearms is here: https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organization/Documents/2014RegulatedFirearms.pdf
    It might be useful to note that the list you posted is the list of banned rifles and shotguns by name. No longer regulated.
    If they were purchased before Oct 1, 2013, then the OP is able to bring them into the state and, yes, has to register them. If they were purchased after Oct 1, 2013, then they cannot be brought into the state, per state statute.

bradg

May 12, 2017
    It might be useful to note that the list you posted is the list of banned rifles and shotguns by name. No longer regulated.
    If they were purchased before Oct 1, 2013, then the OP is able to bring them into the state and, yes, has to register them. If they were purchased after Oct 1, 2013, then they cannot be brought into the state, per state statute.
    Thanks. Got it off MSP website, so one wonders if they are aware those are no longer regulated.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom