• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    Tin foil hat on..... what are the real reasons for the price drop in gas?

A few things:

OPEC (the Saudis) want to drive the North American frackers out of business. They are trying to drive the price down below the overall cost of production.

The US sort of cut a deal with the Saudis. The US is trying to punish Russia. The Russian economy is tied to oil and gas. The bottom is falling out of the Russian economy. The Russian Oligarchs are looking at Putin like WTF?

The US also told the Saudis that if they help drive down the price of oil, we will do all of the heavy lifting against ISIS and the Saudis will not have to get their hands dirty.

Obama is more than happy to drive the North American frackers out of business. Most likely, he also thought a drop in the price of oil would give the Dems a much needed bump in the elections (2014 and 2016). Interesting to note that Putin has told his people the Russian economic woes will only last about 2 years.

Fishguy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2009
    Montgomery County
    A few things:

OPEC (the Saudis) want to drive the North American frackers out of business. They are trying to drive the price down below the overall cost of production.

The US sort of cut a deal with the Saudis. The US is trying to punish Russia. The Russian economy is tied to oil and gas. The bottom is falling out of the Russian economy. The Russian Oligarchs are looking at Putin like WTF?

The US also told the Saudis that if they help drive down the price of oil, we will do all of the heavy lifting against ISIS and the Saudis will not have to get their hands dirty.

Obama is more than happy to drive the North American frackers out of business. Most likely, he also thought a drop in the price of oil would give the Dems a much needed bump in the elections (2014 and 2016). Interesting to note that Putin has told his people the Russian economic woes will only last about 2 years.

That's along the lines of what I think, too. The Saudi's don't do anything without the US' blessing and vice versa. Been that way for 43 years now.

Traveler

Lighten up Francis
    Jan 18, 2013
    AA County
    I'm not so sure about that.

Possible that the US is twisting Saudi's arm to dump oil price to put the hurt on Putin? This kills the Saudis but they probably get promised God only knows what from the Administration (a war with a long time enemy of theirs in the middle east perhaps?) in exchange for dumping oil temporarily?

Tinfoil on.

Nah, too much logic for this administration. This is the pres that wants $5.00 gas.

Redcobra

Senior Shooter
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 10, 2010
    Near the Chesapeake Bay
    No tinfoil needed. OPEC wants to drive others out of the market so they can go back to making money. Many of the wells in the USA cannot make a profit at these low prices, so businesses will fail, or at least cap them off for now.

I am thrilled this low price is tearing Putin a new one.

Has nothing to do with OPEC.

velociROBtor

Dec 31, 2014
    Topped the Suburban off the last 25 gallons at $1.25 a gallon yesterday. But I cheated, I used Safeway bonus points.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize safeway did that. I looked it up on there website and there is an exxon right by me that participates. With the amount I spend at safeway, it could save me potentially $25-50 a month (if i time it right).

Mike4Maryland

Harford County, MD USA
    Apr 5, 2013
    Thanks to Gov.......um Mr OweMalley, your gas tax goes up three and a half cents tomorrow JAN 1. Fill your tank(s) today. :mad54:

3 cents, but you won't notice it because the price gets lower. I only fill my tank half way and wait a few more days since the price will likely drop again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ramseye

Latest threads

Top Bottom