MD Dems announce new “gun safety” measures.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Meanwhile :

Package of Bills or Omnibus Bills ?
    Hearing Date(s) ?

Remind us , when is crossover date ?

Sorry for the interruption. We now return to wailing , bitching , hatin' on the aholes , and plotting our escapes .

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Yes, when is our fine governor going to direct the MSP to shall-issue to end-run the bump-stock bill and show his unwavering commitment to 2A in MD? I was promised this by a certain secret squirrel who was pimping Hogan!

It's always promised after they win their second term....

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    As brought up earlier in this thread, I believe these bills are going straight to a vote. No Committees, no hearings and then on to the Governor to veto and back to the GA to override.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Alright so the bump stock thing, most of us, are against. That's obvious.

The permit review board however, I'm on the fence with. It's already hard enough getting a carry permit in MD.
    Are you saying we are against owning bump stocks? If you are, you are wrong.

Are you saying the HPRB should be done away with? The HPRB comes into play AFTER a permit is denied. And they have been a bit lenient in reversing denials, and removing restrictions.

Courts will NOT be so nice, and they will be a LOT more expensive.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Remember guys, the MGA has not mannaged to pass any gun control for the last 3 or so years running. Show up, stand your ground. A great place to start is MSI if you want a bit more layed back, or come to a Patriot Picket event if you want to be front and center.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    As brought up earlier in this thread, I believe these bills are going straight to a vote. No Committees, no hearings
    How is that going to work? There's a legislative process, and while bill gutting is a thing, it's too early in the session for them to need to resort to that.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    My FB rant after sharing Bryan's video (slightly edited):

Before I get started, someone wanna tell Mike Miller that the Second Amendment doesn't have a f*cking thing to do with hunting? And does somebody wanna get Bobby a box to stand on?

First lie: FSA2013 helped lower crime. Tell that to Naryland's urban areas in Baltimore City as well as AA, PG, Baltimore and Montgomery counties.

Second lie: "These devices" do NOT turn semi auto weapons into automatic weapons. They just make it easier to do what anyone can do with a little practice. Furthermore, they were only used ONCE for nefarious purposes.

Third lie: "Safety on our streets is a bipartisan issue". If that was true, the left would have passed the amendment attached to FSA2013 to enact mandatory minimums without parole for those who commit violent gun crime. Democrats hate punishing criminals! All they want to do is infringe on the law abiding.

Hey Rev....errr...Rep Moon....can you define "other devices"? Will the bill define them? Or will they be determined after the fact by some overzealous AG? Maryland dems love passing bills with vague language.

Fourth lie by Sen Ramirez is just a repeat of the second lie. You are NOT creating a machine gun.

Now the repeal of the Handgun Permit Review Board. Why? Because they were giving too many people who appealed the denial of a CCW and won; and we just CAN'T have that. Complaining that the number of permit denials overturned has gone up 3X.....can you tell me how many more applications the state received in that time? I bet it was more than 3X. We can't have any board with any power where a Republican governor gets to appoint any of the members. Time to push it on to the same liberal judges that are putting criminals back on the streets at an alarming rate. They even said that Gov. Hogan purposely "undermined" Maryland gun laws. BULLSH*T!

Hey d*ckheads! You are so worried about people getting CCWs. Can you show me a single stat where these people are going out and committing crimes? I am betting that number is statistically ZERO. I bet you can't say the same about your constituents!

THERE IT IS! The ever present lie about the NRA and the gun lobby. They even found a way to tie the President into it.

"Barely skirts the federal regulation of machine guns"? WTF does that mean?!? These devices were investigated by the FBI using a strict definition of what is and what is not an automatic weapon and determined they did not meet that definition. The left muddying up the language again.

Complaining about a citizen review board having the power to overrule a CCW permit decision and yet they scream about the absolute necessity for citizen review boards to oversee and police the police?? HYPOCRISY of the highest order.

Fifth lie: Not here to take any guns from sportsmen. I can show you a whole list of weapons banned by name that sportsmen use for all manner of legal purposes. I own one that I can not sell in Maryland because it has a name on it they don't like. It doesn't matter that the factory that made it changed names and their new line of guns are perfectly legal in this state.

SUMMARY: All of this bullsh*t because ONE nutbag in Vegas committed a horrendous act. Mind you that these devices are inherently inaccurate and I still content that if he had used sustained and aimed fire instead of spray and pray, the death total may have been 2 or even 3X higher. If he had used a more lethal caliber (which is completely unregulated in Maryland BTW), the death toll would have been higher. The biggest contributing factor to the death toll wasn't that he was using a bump fire stock, it was 50,000 people crowded in a very small and indefensible space with only 5 exits that only 1 or 2 people could get through at a time.

Maryland! Where your Constitutional Rights go to die...

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    How is that going to work? There's a legislative process, and while bill gutting is a thing, it's too early in the session for them to need to resort to that.

Getting close to the deadline for bill submission without it going to Rules.

attachment.php

My bad. Just skipping the Rules

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Remember guys, the MGA has not mannaged to pass any gun control for the last 3 or so years running. Show up, stand your ground. A great place to start is MSI if you want a bit more layed back, or come to a Patriot Picket event if you want to be front and center.

I am not worried about these bills after what MS I did with FSA2013 these laws will be repealed , just not in my lifetime

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    They could not cite the statistics to support their claims of 3x more permits. They vaguely referenced previous hearings where it was stated.

They did not answer the question about removing guns from sportsmen. They just hyperventilated a response stating "We are banning all devices that turn guns into machine guns." This was after they referenced the ATF dropping the ball by not redefining "machine gun".

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Are you saying we are against owning bump stocks? If you are, you are wrong.

Are you saying the HPRB should be done away with? The HPRB comes into play AFTER a permit is denied. And they have been a bit lenient in reversing denials, and removing restrictions.

Courts will NOT be so nice, and they will be a LOT more expensive.

Doesn't default to that. It is still an administrative hearing, but in front of a judge. They'll neither be nice nor mean, just won't overturn MSP except for remarkable error.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Law judge will be the right arm of the MSP , they will take marching orders from the AG . And if a law judge was to buck the system they will find themselves working downtown family court .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom