• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I have heard he was right to some extent. Due to a push by Frosh the GA will be pushing to make carrying a gun a felony. This will also apply to permit holders outside of restrictions (they won't advertise this part but it will be there). This was recently evidenced by BPD Chief Kevin Davis stating he would like this to be the law in MD. Of course someone else planted that seed with Davis being used as a mouthpiece. It's for the children don't you know...

A friend and business associate of mine knows someone very high in Hogan's administration.

Honest question: FA2013 for the first time made carry outside permit restrictions a crime. It's a misdemeanor, yes, but max penalty is >2 years so functionally, what difference does it make if it were called a felony, since as it stands now it is already a lifetime, federal prohibition on ever touching a gun again.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Honest question: FA2013 for the first time made carry outside permit restrictions a crime. It's a misdemeanor, yes, but max penalty is >2 years so functionally, what difference does it make if it were called a felony, since as it stands now it is already a lifetime, federal prohibition on ever touching a gun again.

Instead of applying for work with a misdemeanor on your record, now you have a felony. Forget the 2A and defense, your life in all circles gets very difficult.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Incarceration is much more likely for a felony. Perhaps they want to make an example of some "squeaky wheels".

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Even with the current rules, I'm not so sure why anyone would want to carry on a regular basis without an unrestricted permit. I'd be more :ohnoes: than anything

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    I carry more in PA than I do in MD.
    Being denied the right for so long makes it feel a little awkward to carry in MD.

Being in business, and always having extra cash in case a business deal arises, I don't really worry about the restrictions.

The state would have to prove that you violated the restrictions, rather than you proving you were following them......I think..

Plus, When the card says Contact MSP before arrest, should be a hint to other LEOs in MD...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I carry more in PA than I do in MD.
    Being denied the right for so long makes it feel a little awkward to carry in MD.

Being in business, and always having extra cash in case a business deal arises, I don't really worry about the restrictions.

The state would have to prove that you violated the restrictions, rather than you proving you were following them......I think..

Plus, When the card says Contact MSP before arrest, should be a hint to other LEOs in MD...

I agree, but when being detained for hours and then hoping that the trooper answering the handgun hotline knows what he/she is doing and conveys the correct info to the field officer, you think twice. I too think they need to prove intent, but you and I know how that goes. The process at the HPRB is that the burden is on the MSP, but that is not how it has been run.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    Did you ask what part was unusual? It being a Glock, .45 caliber, or compact?

I was very tempted to ask a follow up question along those lines but decided against it. The individual did not appear to be a trooper. Her name was investigator Wright and just figured she was not that familiar with firearms or trying to get a reaction from me.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Had to be a Trooper. From anything I've ever known they do all their own ******** useless "investigation".

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I was very tempted to ask a follow up question along those lines but decided against it. The individual did not appear to be a trooper. Her name was investigator Wright and just figured she was not that familiar with firearms or trying to get a reaction from me.

Ah, your last stand was at Waterloo ...

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Someone needs to give an answer of a firearm they do not own to see if anything comes of it. I doubt anything would happen, but you never know.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Someone needs to give an answer of a firearm they do not own to see if anything comes of it. I doubt anything would happen, but you never know.

Someone needs to say nun'ya,....... next question.:sad20:

Might as well ask the applicant what their favorite breakfast food is. Has zero bearing on the persons worthiness.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Someone needs to say nun'ya,....... next question.:sad20:

Might as well ask the applicant what their favorite breakfast food is. Has zero bearing on the persons worthiness.

Wonder what the best answer would be. Maybe Granola, Yogurt and fruit, cast off a real pacifist vibe..

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Wonder what the best answer would be. Maybe Granola, Yogurt and fruit, cast off a real pacifist vibe..

Berry Almond Kale Granola Snack. I'm not going to mention anything aggressive like shit on a shingle or anything. Uncle Hershel's Favorite.

Duh.:sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom