• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hal3

Feb 2, 2013
    UMD
    What a cheap way to use children to advance one's agenda.

the NRA has got to respond in some manner. The superbowl could be crucial, as millions will be watching, and the kids singing will already be a point against us. We cant go 0-2.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    They did an ad last year but it only aired on regional channels, this one if it goes national could be a big deal.

I am disappointed the NRA did not prepare it's own commercial.

Hal3

Feb 2, 2013
    UMD
    Maybe they did make one and its going to be a surprise. At least thats what Im hoping.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    The people it will reach have already decided....a bit hypocritical considering the violent nature of the game.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD

Well, I will say it is an effective commercial for those unfamiliar with the arguments.

They did an ad last year but it only aired on regional channels, this one if it goes national could be a big deal.

I am disappointed the NRA did not prepare it's own commercial.

Do we know whether this one will air nationally or regionally?

Maybe they did make one and its going to be a surprise. At least thats what Im hoping.

Doubt it.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    They probably got some favorable ad rates in exchange for the gubmint looking the other way when it comes to studying the effects of media violence. Witness also supposed Hollywood 'conservatives' like Stallone being anti-2a.

I doubt the NRA would get this kind of 'kid glove' treatment. Hell, this ad may even be aired as a PSA, thus earning the broadcaster some tax writeoffs.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I don't hear anyone publicly stating the reasons why we oppose background checks for private sales(at least how it currently operates). They shouldn't allow these types of messages to go unchecked.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    The reason I'm opposed is because the oft cited 40% of sales are done FTF. 29% are family and I'm willing to bet the remaining percentage is made up of mainly Billy Bob and Johnny Boy trading deer rifles or shotguns.

Also, the government has no need to know everything I own.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    You ever notice how all the anti-2A propaganda never allows comments, but that nearly all the pro-2A does. Seems like the silent majority is afraid of debate... wonder why that is???

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom