• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I like how being driven from office is called "dropping out" like they changed their minds. No, they were terrible mayors and some did illegal things. One guy (forget where) calculated MAIG's members committed more crimes per member than CCW permit holders in Florida.

Some members have been forced out as they've been driven out of office, others have been leaving freely because they've decided that the goals Bloomberg sold them on aren't the goals he's really working towards.

Good for them for having a brain. It's the people like that that give me some hope for politics in our country.

Also, that crimes/person rate is exceedingly easy to beat. The rate is incredibly low (something like a few hundred permits revoked for criminal activity for several million issued). But yeah, the rate of criminal activity amongst mayors, and politicians in general, is usually much higher than your average citizen.

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    Great, soon enough the others will leave the group and Bloomturd can correct the name: Douchebag Mayor Against Freedom

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Interesting to see some of them citing a desire for enforcement of existing laws. As we know, that is not on the goals list of MAIG.

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    While the article says some mayors have dropped out, it goes on to say that their membership I still on the rise. While some good news, also some bad news.

semper000

Mar 24, 2009
    The whole thing is a farce. I mean how can you be taken seriously when you list the Boston bombers along with 10 other murder suspects, including Christopher Doner as victims of gun violence. Seriously, you'd think they would at least leave them out not to sound so stupid.

Blawson

Apr 18, 2013
    Severn
    A lot of people I talked to in New York over the weekend said they hate Bloomberg. I can't believe that idiot is a mayor. I'm sure that the mayors following him realized their careers would be over if they followed in his foot steps.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Gee, they don't want to be linked to a narcissist nanny-statist and a platform that is death at the polls?

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Not too exciting, for every one we take out, another 3 take his place. I see MAIG as a force that will give us some serious trouble in 10 years. They are accumulating a lot of very rich and powerful people. And as we all know, 1 rich person = 1000 average people in terms of how American elections work. The fact that Bloomberg is a 3 time mayor is proof enough.

NY Transplant

Wabbit Season/Duck Season
    Apr 2, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    A lot of people I talked to in New York over the weekend said they hate Bloomberg. I can't believe that idiot is a mayor. I'm sure that the mayors following him realized their careers would be over if they followed in his foot steps.

Yet they voted for him for three terms. I don't thing three times a charm applies in this case.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010

Correct, but look who they have to choose from so far ...

Weiner for Mayor

Eliot Spitzer for Mayor

Poll: Republican Candidates Are In Big Trouble In NYC Mayor’s Race
    Weiner Holds Huge Advantage Over GOP Frontrunner Lhota {that's not all he's holding} :innocent0

Bloomberg (D-R-D) has left a legacy that will doom NYC politics for the foreseeable future.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    50 have bailed so far ...

Bloomberg gun-control group facing internal backlash amid growing profile

While the group apparently is growing in membership overall amid an effort to assume a larger profile in the national gun debate, it's turning some members off. In the past five months, 50 members of the group have quit. Many say they did so because the organization abandoned its mission statement of going after illegal guns, and instead used its political clout to go after lawmakers who supported gun rights.

I guess that they don't appreciate that Bloomberg'$ Billion$ might be turned against them if they yielded to the wishes of their consituents. Or even more sinster, that he didn't offer them enough 'campaign money' to fend off a potential Pro2A challenger.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    But wait, there's more ...

Walden mayor says he was deceived by Bloomberg’s anti-gun group

Maher said group officials said Bloomberg “will be able to help you out financially when it comes to your future elections, if you stay as part of this organization.”

Senate Democrat Pat Leahy says Bloomberg's anti-gun crusade helped defeat background-check bill

Leahy, a long-time gun owner, says Bloomberg’s crusade “actually turned off some people that we might have gotten for supporters” of legislation requiring background checks on guns.

Woo Who !!! Looks like Bloomberg's $Bs are having a hard time buying conscience and votes ... well, except here in the PRofMD where he gets JHH to do his bidding.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I like this comment:

"The philosophy of gun control: Teenagers are roaring through town at 90MPH, where the speed limit is 25. Your solution is to lower the speed limit to 20." - Sam Cohen (inventor of the neutron bomb).

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Obama lends his support

WashingtonTimes.com -
    Obama promises mayors unilateral action on guns

The closed-door meeting at the White House included Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr., who discussed “strategies to reduce youth violence,” the White House said in a statement

Mr. Obama “vowed to continue doing everything in his power to combat gun violence through executive action and to press Congress to pass common-sense reforms like expanding the background check system and cracking down on gun trafficking,” the White House said in a statement.

Closed-door eh ? No doubt he was handing out Bloomberg 'campaign vouchers' to keep the remaining few MAIG members 'in the fold'.

And heading the list ...

Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake (Baltimore, MD)
    Mayor Vincent Gray (Washington, DC)
    Mayor Greg Ballard (Indianapolis, IN)
    Mayor Tom Barrett (Milwaukee, WI)
    Mayor Cory Booker (Newark, NJ)
    Mayor Sly James (Kansas City, MO)
    Mayor Kevin Johnson (Sacramento, CA)
    Mayor Mitch Landrieu (New Orleans, LA)
    Mayor Mark Mallory (Cincinnati, OH)
    Mayor Michael Nutter (Philadelphia, PA)
    Mayor Annise Parker (Houston, TX)
    Mayor Jean Quan (Oakland, CA)
    Mayor Kasim Reed (Atlanta, GA)
    Mayor RT Rybak (Minneapolis, MN)
    Mayor Francis Slay (St. Louis, MO)
    Mayor Dayne Walling (Flint, MI)
    Mayor Molly Ward (Hampton, VA)
    Mayor AC Wharton (Memphis, TN)

Note that Rahm 'Rambo Deadfish' Emanuel had a good reason not to attend as he was busy rallying his 'Safe Passage' workers for the start of the Chicago school year. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom