• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Great Match. You guys always put on the best matches. Thank you for all your hard work.

After action wise....

I think this is the last time I'm running the m1a. Next time have to go modern sporting rifle.

Anybody got a good idea for the fogging glasses? All we could come up with in the peanut gallery was to make a picatiny rail mounted beach fan to blow my breath away from my face! :lol:

Try the Rain-x anti fog wipes in the auto section, I've had good luck with those when riding motorcycles. They also make wipes and sprays for motorcycle face shields available at some of the local cycle shops, but they tend to be more expensive than the auto branded stuff.

Thanks for the welcome from everyone. I wish I would have signed up for this one, it looked like a fun run. That being said I hope to see all of you again at future matches around the area.

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    Great match. It was my first time to run anything like this and it was a blast. I did better than I thought. Got muddy as hell. The guys who shot early faired a little better in that respect. Great bunch of guys. The guy who was my RO was awsome. called good info on shots and good target location.

:thumbsup:

JamesBailey

Form Factor'ed!
    Jan 28, 2010
    Arlington VA
    Karl-
    congrats on the win. You are consistently at the top of the leaderboard in all these matches, so you are no doubt an elite marksman. Really good job.

Mayberry Management-
    Thanks for putting on another fun, challenging and most importantly safe match. That combo keeps me coming back for more. I heard from lots of shooters in back of truck after their run: "Wow, that was awesome. I can't get this anywhere else!" And thanks for letting me RO the shooters. I had a blast moving the shooters up the lane, directing their fires!

Shooters-
    As RO, I got to see lots of shooters. One thing I will say in our "after action debrief": remember the fundamentals on each shot. I saw lots of guys hurry and execute 3-4 hurried shots that danced around target and then settle down, take deep breath and proceed to pound the target with the next two shots. So I know you guys can shoot, you just need to get into the mindset that the point of each fire is to hit the target (this is not a tactical situation where "area fire" has any value for suppression). 2 well executed hits in 10 seconds beats 4 hasty misses in the same time. I know there was lots of other stuff going on that you needed to execute, but all that stuff is irrevelant without the fundamentals of marksmanship: natural point of aim (often tough in tactical matches), sight picture, trigger control, follow-thru.

The good news there, is if you execute on that, the 300yd shot is as easy as the 25yd shot. The rifle and bullet do all the real work if you do the fundamentals.

Bravo Zulu, Charlie Mike

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    James, you did a fantastic job yesterday. Considering this was my first carbine match, I felt like I did very well as a result of your range commands. Looking forward to next time.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Had a great time shooting yesterday. Nice to meet BenL there. Thought the match was great, like the variety in the targets and the positioning. The other guys in my group sounded like they had a great time as well. Being left handed had it's disadvantages for me and is now gonna cost me a week of Numidians avatar since I lost. Great shooting Brennan.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Had a great time shooting yesterday. Nice to meet BenL there. Thought the match was great, like the variety in the targets and the positioning. The other guys in my group sounded like they had a great time as well. Being left handed had it's disadvantages for me and is now gonna cost me a week of Numidians avatar since I lost. Great shooting Brennan.

I'd say it was more of a matter of footspeed than left/right handedness that let me beat you LOL.

Definitely a fun match though. What was not fun was cleaning all the mud out of my gun when I got home though LOL.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    I had to give you some sort of excuse :innocent0

My left handed disability shooting weak/support hand for 3 50 yard targets and 2 150 yard targets compared to the righties should have been enough.

The F'ing Hoff makes me want to throw up seeing it so much. I'm done posting for the remainder of the week.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    3rd place! I'll definitely be back! I definitely could have pushed a little harder. It's tough over that long of a course to keep up the intensity.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    My left handed disability shooting weak/support hand for 3 50 yard targets and 2 150 yard targepenaltiesmpared to the righties should have been enough.

I'll give you that. Shooting the right hand only barrier if you were left handed was really tough. Something new to practice. That, and running, apparently. :)

Good to meet you at the match, Jackson923.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom