• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sharkpa

Jul 14, 2012
    For those interested in attending, I'm putting together a group trip to Front Sight Firearms Training Institute in Pahrump, NV (approx 1 hour from Las Vegas). I'd like to do this semi-annually.

I've been to Front Sight a few times and brought a group last year, we had a great time! Most people who have been there will tell you the training is top-notch!

Let's see how this goes, let's keep this thread to the topic of attending Front Sight as a group and sharing expenses. Reply here or PM with any questions.

Travel dates: Thurs. May 1st - Mon. May 5th. (arrive home at BWI on Tues. May 6th at 6:30am)

Class dates: Fri. May 2nd - Mon. May 5th

I have a 3 bedroom house reserved that sleeps up to 8. Sleeping arrangements are 2 queen size and 1 king size bed, a futon and a couch in the living room. 5 people can be accommodated easily. Up to 8 if some are couples or willing to share a queen or king bed.

Approx travel costs: $600-625, plus Front Sight fees and equipment, ammo and food

Travel
    -------
    Airfare: approx $350 roundtrip, BWI - LAS (as of 2/17/14) - we'll be flying on Southwest, so no bag fees for checking guns in luggage
    Lodging*: $90-$125
    Transportation*: $70-90
    Airport parking: $40-50
    Food: varies... plan is to brown bag it for lunch and have dinner and breakfast at rental house

Other costs
    ------------
    Front Sight:
    1. paid background check fee for 2014 - ($50)
    2. if NOT a member, you'll need a training certificate or a membership, PM me and I can help with either or both

Equipment:
    -----------
    Gun: miniumum physical size of Glock 26/27, caliber 9mm, .40 or .45
    Holster: IWB or OWB - (if IWB, must hold it's shape when empty, for reholstering)
    Magazines: at least 3 with magazine carriers for at least 2
    Belt: capable of holding holster and magazine carriers
    Ammo: 550-600 rounds, can't be steel core, no hand reloads

Front Sight has a gun rental package available.

* notes on cost for transportation and lodging:
    depending on how many are in our our group, since we're sharing expenses, cost goes down for higher number of people. House can accommodate 8 people, if we have 5 people, we'll rent a minivan, if 6-8, we can rent 2 mid size cars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom