• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Hey all, anyone know of a local central Maryland dealer that has a good selection of tactical bags/ pouches in stock. Like to see them in person before buying them..... Plus I am impulsive.... wanna buy on the spot.
    Any help appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Sonomer

Jul 22, 2012
    I can't help with the local dealer side, I looked when I bought mine and had no luck. However, I can't say enough about Maxpedition. Not made here unfortunately, but my Pygmy Falcon II is the best damn backpack I've ever owned, and I own a few. I use it for everything, great for just a couple books running from building to building and class to class. Can't say enough about the design and quality.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Pretty sure Kifaru doesn't have a dealer network. Largest 5.11 display with stock that I know of is 10-8 in Woodbridge. They stock some maxpedition, not a lot.
    Just buy a Mystery Ranch 3 day pack and stop looking. $300 or so.
    What else are you looking for?

Sent from my phone from somewhere in the world.

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    I am a bag whore, I have a bunch of bags..... maxpedition versapacks, 5.11 rush 72, 5.11 covrt and some others.
    Looking for some of the pouches that I need..... lol..... want.:)
    Like the kifaru line and definitely some of the other high end stuff but need to conserve some dough for ammo...;)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Sorry, no help with the local part, again. I can say the Maxpedition gear I have is absolutely amazing. I started off with the active shooter bag about a year ago and now have the pigmy falcon II, the condor II, the vulture II and many pouches. Not really impressed with 5:11 quality. Not bad, just not Maxpedition. No experience with kifaru. Too rich for my blood.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Quantico Tactical in Woodbridge is all 5.11, probably one of the biggest displays

10-8 Duty Gear in Newington has a big and good selection of Maxpedition

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Huckleberry, ever been to the Quantico tactical in Quantico... are they stocked about the same?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Huckleberry, ever been to the Quantico tactical in Quantico... are they stocked about the same?

Sent from my Galaxy S3

No but they are right in Q-Town.

When I've been on base lately, it has been for our cell site at the FBI Academy and I forget to stop there on my way out.

phidelta308

Jan 4, 2010
    bawlmer, hon!
    Knifecenter.com in College Park stocks some maxpedition. They don't have a showroom, but you can call in advance and ask them to pull something you want to buy in person. Not sure how much they'd appreciate browsing without purchasing.

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Appreciate the help..... May hit Quantico tactical in Q-town.. headed south for business next week...... there is a monster store outside of Ft Benning in Columbus Ga..... lots of them actually..... that carry all the high end gear..... just wanted to grab a few pouches and possibly another bag before I get going.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Appreciate the help..... May hit Quantico tactical in Q-town.. headed south for business next week...... there is a monster store outside of Ft Benning in Columbus Ga..... lots of them actually..... that carry all the high end gear..... just wanted to grab a few pouches and possibly another bag before I get going.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Benning has Ranger Joe's and US Cavalry stores on Victory Drive. I think there is a RJ's in the Infantry Museum too

rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    I will hit them all up when I am at Benning, I like Extreme outfitters at Benning also.... better warm up the credit cards and stash some secret money that the wife does not know about.... lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Armadillofz1

Ultimate Member
    Mar 25, 2012
    DM-42
    F3 Tactical has an amazing selection of tactical gear. chantilly Va a bit of a drive but very worth it. plus the crew there is real good people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom