• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MudRhino

Jul 8, 2011
    My max-11 is struggling to feed rounds. On average, it's only able to successfully feed a few consecutive rounds before jamming. It works fine with the factory upper. Gun has always been well oiled (have tried it with oil wiped clean, moderate oil, and dripping).

I've read about guys having issues with their feed ramps when running the max-11 and fixing it by bending the feed back slightly up with a crescent wrench and cardboard. On closer inspection, the gap between the feedramp is definitely larger with my max-11 than on the stock upper and when i feed a dummy round very slowly on the max-11 the bullet 'jumps around' a bit before entering the barrel.

Has anyone else had this issue and managed to fix it? Anything special I need to know before I attempt to (very slowly, carefully, and incrementally) bend my feedramp up?

Side note: I have an 86 model with the feed ramp welded on the right side of the gun, if that changes anything.

Thanks in advance.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I have an 86 gun too and it runs flawlessly with the Max-11. I would reach out to the folks at Lage before attacking the issue with a crescent wrench.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I had the exact problem as you. 86 dated gun. I bent up the feed ramp with a wrench. If you search on Uzi talk you can probably find my thread. I asked and got the measurement off the.base of the receiver to the top of feed ramp. Its just sheet metal and easy to bend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom